Wonder (of the Seas) Insights

10 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I did Wonder and I went to the 4th deck to a room called the Attic.  Did this also on Symphony and will do on Allure this coming weekend.  It is easier and a bit faster than the app as they have folks seated at tables to help and can do reservations for all the nights in 3 minutes or less.  Then the review with you

But, there are standby lines too (which they were not doing back in the fall)

This is a dumb system that is only recently in place. Prior to the restart after Covid, you could easily pre-book your show reservations on the cruise planner for any Oasis class ship and some others as well. It was no different than pre-booking your MTD times, so that you wouldn’t be left with choices you didn’t want once you got on board.

For some reason, the brain trust at Royal think it’s ok to now inconvenience passengers and have them waste part of their boarding day booking shows, whether on the app or in person. The old system was much better and there has been no explanation forthcoming  as to why they just don’t revert to the way it used to be.

10 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

This is a dumb system that is only recently in place. Prior to the restart after Covid, you could easily pre-book your show reservations on the cruise planner for any Oasis class ship and some others as well. It was no different than pre-booking your MTD times, so that you wouldn’t be left with choices you didn’t want once you got on board.

For some reason, the brain trust at Royal think it’s ok to now inconvenience passengers and have them waste part of their boarding day booking shows, whether on the app or in person. The old system was much better and there has been no explanation forthcoming  as to why they just don’t revert to the way it used to be.

Oh I wholeheartly argree with you.   I mean the same amount of number of seats will always be available so just let folks reserve in advance.  Shows are coming back and well just silly to have to do stuff once you get on board.  Makes the first day kind of a stress.  I will get on Allure this Sat at 2pm so I am grateful the muster is quicker now.

10 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Or, if you allow everyone to prebook before they board, and then a large number fail to board because they fail their Covid  test… you now have seats reserved for people who aren’t there.

It barely takes a few minutes to reserve the shows on board. Or do it when you are sitting waiting to board. It’s hardly an “inconvenience”. 

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Or, if you allow everyone to prebook before they board, and then a large number fail to board because they fail their Covid  test… you now have seats reserved for people who aren’t there.

It barely takes a few minutes to reserve the shows on board. Or do it when you are sitting waiting to board. It’s hardly an “inconvenience”. 

For people who like to plan their vacation in advance so that everything goes smoothly, waiting until the last minute to do something stresses me out.  And it is an inconvenience, since Royal took away something that used to work just fine.

On 6/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I did Wonder and I went to the 4th deck to a room called the Attic.  Did this also on Symphony and will do on Allure this coming weekend.  It is easier and a bit faster than the app as they have folks seated at tables to help and can do reservations for all the nights in 3 minutes or less.  Then the review with you

But, there are standby lines too (which they were not doing back in the fall)

Outstanding!! Thank you for this great tip. 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, Biker19 said:

Mainly happens in Europe - ship has two different home ports on the same sailing.

Did one on Carnival many years ago. New Orleans and Tampa. 

I always wished Anthem would interport between NJ and PC

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did one on Carnival many years ago. New Orleans and Tampa. 

I always wished Anthem would interport between NJ and PC

I have a feeling, some new rules don't allow for it any more or it's just too difficult to implement. Not sure what anyone would get out of an Anthem sailing from PC, especially in the winter.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I have a feeling, some new rules don't allow for it any more or it's just too difficult to implement. Not sure what anyone would get out of an Anthem sailing from PC, especially in the winter.

Chance to sail Anthem

• Like 1