Flight from US to Spain - mask question

For anyone who has recently been on a flight from a US airport to Spain, at what point did you have to put on a mask?  As you boarded the plane in the US or some time later?  Also curious about the return flight to the US. 

On 6/4/2022 at 9:37 AM, mdpa said:

I don’t think you need to wear a mask at all. I plan to leave our mask at home.

Really? I think it depends on your airline and what their specific policy is about masking. Especially when it comes to International Travel.

On 6/4/2022 at 6:37 AM, mdpa said:

I don’t think you need to wear a mask at all. I plan to leave our mask at home.

Geez😬How bad do you want to test positive before you even get on your ship?  

48 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Geez😬How bad do you want to test positive before you even get on your ship?  

I haven’t wore a mask for months, why would my level of risk go up at the airport vs a grocery store, home improvement store, etc….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mdpa said:

I haven’t wore a mask for months, why would my level of risk go up at the airport vs a grocery store, home improvement store, etc….

You might not want to wear a mask but you should still make sure you have some with you. I just read a blog about Spain and they were still required to wear a mask on tour buses. This may change or it may not but surely it is best to be prepared and have some with you.

I know for Italy even if they drop the requirement for masks in most places on 15 June they will still require it for certain medical places which includes pharmacies.

Good morning,  I am supposed to be flying to Spain on British Airways but received an email that my flight is now on Iberia (they are partners with BA). My email stated there is a possibility I will have to wear one as Iberia's website still shows masking is in place.

As for not even bringing a mask? I don't like wearing one anymore either but I am going to another country and will definitely bring one with me.  If one of my tours has a policy about wearing one, I will follow their direction and do as they ask. In my opinion, that is the right thing to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mdpa said:

It doesn't matter what you think or like. It only matters what you are required to do in different places or to get on the plane. Bring the mask. It doesn't take any room at all. Do you want to have a smooth trip playing by the rules about masks, or do you want to make a statement that they couldn't care less about? 

I’ll just update the thread and share I did bring my mask with me, but didn’t need it flying out of Dulles to Barcelona. We were OK at the airport, taxi in Barcelona, hotel in Barcelona, and sightseeing today.

Our family tested negative using the proctored self-test for our cruise after arrival. One other great bit of news is the US administration finally removed the testing requirement for return flights starting on Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mdpa said:

I’ll just update the thread and share I did bring my mask with me, but didn’t need it flying out of Dulles to Barcelona. We were OK at the airport, taxi in Barcelona, hotel in Barcelona, and sightseeing today.

Our family tested negative using the proctored self-test for our cruise after arrival. One other great bit of news is the US administration finally removed the testing requirement for return flights starting on Sunday.

Link? So excited!

I know circumstances change all of the time but in late May, we did not have to wear a mask on Delta from Detroit to Paris but we did have to wear a mask on Air France from Paris to Barcelona.  Same for the flight back.  Air France required masks for Barcelona to Paris but no mask required on Air France from Paris to Detroit.  We were told it was because of the Spain requirement, not an airline requirement.  In Spain mask required on public transportation, including tour buses.  Air France handed out masks as you boarded if you were not already wearing one.