NCL Getaway July 9-16, 2022-H9-Live w/pics

graphicguy

20 hours ago, KKB said:

@graphicguy 

Thanks for the great report--it has got me SO excited to get back on the Getaway!

Coming home yesterday I was so exhausted the thought of sailing in 3 weeks seemed nuts.

I had slept poorly Friday night...so I blamed the exhaustion on that & travel day.

NOPE--tested positive for COVID last night.

Very mild cold symptoms...so figured I'd better test b4 seeing DF who is battling cancer today.

Oh, well, it's a risk we take right now. Brain fog is the worst of it.

Just hoping it doesn't affect this upcoming cruise! (I don't expect it to)

Re: internet.

I had every intention of a liver report on the Caribbean Princess. 
HA.

It became an exercise in futility. Posted quite a bit on turnaround day, tried again & just GAVE UP. 

Figured I could just do it this week.

Hey, if you can swing Aug. 13 or 20 on the Getaway it looks like a fun crowd! 

Oh no!   Hope you’re better, soon.  Hope your friend ‘s battle is successful.

Kind of wondering why (if?) Cruise Critic and the cruislines can’t make their live posting easier and more efficient.  I have to believe there’s something they can do to work together.  It certainly would be mutually beneficial.

I’ve always got my eye on a cruise or two.  Will check out the August sailings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Oh no!   Hope you’re better, soon.  Hope your friend ‘s battle is successful.

It's my Dad--prostate cancer has returned. Apparently a man over 75 & NOT having prostate cancer is unusual. He tolerates treatment well. The hardest part is that it has caused him other issues that make travel impossible.The cancer coming back was a blow to an already difficult time (Mom passed in Feb & he had to move into assisted living in Mar). But I felt like he was happy again before we left. I haven't seen that for a very long time.

As for me--I feel almost normal today. Except for that damn brain fog. Hoping THAT clears quickily!

• Like 1

@graphicguy Thanks for the amazing detail of your cruise on the Getaway.  My wife, son, and I are booked on the Oct 8th 7-day to the same ports and since this is my first cruise ever I can't thank you enough for walking me through each day and sharing the wonderful sights and insights.  Also staying in a Haven room, although ours is an Aft-facing Penthouse so I'm guessing it's a bit of a trek to get to the Haven stuff which seems to be in the bow area.  Well, at least I'll get my steps in each day, right?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, delowery said:

@graphicguy Thanks for the amazing detail of your cruise on the Getaway.  My wife, son, and I are booked on the Oct 8th 7-day to the same ports and since this is my first cruise ever I can't thank you enough for walking me through each day and sharing the wonderful sights and insights.  Also staying in a Haven room, although ours is an Aft-facing Penthouse so I'm guessing it's a bit of a trek to get to the Haven stuff which seems to be in the bow area.  Well, at least I'll get my steps in each day, right?

Love those aft Suites.  Had one on the NCL Gem a few years ago.

I don't know why people don't like to walk 5 mins from cabin to the Haven.  I love walking around the ship.  

You'll love the ship and the Suite.  Keep us posted.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 8:27 AM, graphicguy said:

Well, this is a first.  Got a note from my TA this a.m. that AMEX is increasing the OBC from $300 to $400.  And, it’s my birthday today.  So, nice B-Day present.

Yee-Haw!!!!!!!

How does AmEx OBC work? Does it have to be booked through AmEx travel, or just paid with the AnEx platinum? Thanks!!

10 hours ago, Mrswood83 said:

How does AmEx OBC work? Does it have to be booked through AmEx travel, or just paid with the AnEx platinum? Thanks!!

I have an American Express Platinum Card.  I use a TA, which has a relationship with American Express.  Not sure how that works, or if my TA has to pay a fee to be "authorized" to offer the OBC.  But, they are not American Express Travel.

So, long winded answer to your short question, just make sure your TA is affiliated with AMEX (ask them if they honor AMEX's perk) and to issue the OBC.  You must use your AMEX to pay for the booking.

BTW, AMEX Platinum also offers a dinner at LeBistro and a bottle of wine as part of the perk, too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, graphicguy said:

I have an American Express Platinum Card.  I use a TA, which has a relationship with American Express.  Not sure how that works, or if my TA has to pay a fee to be "authorized" to offer the OBC.  But, they are not American Express Travel.

So, long winded answer to your short question, just make sure your TA is affiliated with AMEX (ask them if they honor AMEX's perk) and to issue the OBC.  You must use your AMEX to pay for the booking.

BTW, AMEX Platinum also offers a dinner at LeBistro and a bottle of wine as part of the perk, too.

I have a question about this.  Would you mind sending me an email message at Travelicious2020 @ gmail ?  Thanks!