Princess new 2022 Drink Menus

18 minutes ago, ETdreamer said:

Yes, thanks OzKiwiJJ, that is what we paid on the Ruby in Jan 2020 too. I was hoping we could order the package pre-cruise as we usually hit the IC as soon as we board for a relaxing cappuccino to start our cruise ☺️. I imagine waiters and others will be under the pump handling medallion queries etc 🤯 Like you, we usually go through more than one card; probably two on this seven day cruise 

It only takes them a minute or two to process the payment for the package so just otlrder your cappuccino and at the same time tell the waiter you want the coffee package. We went through five packages on the 35 night cruise and just got new ones through the waiter when the previous one ran out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

We have purchased the princess plus fare which says inclusive of drinks up to $16   does UP TO actually include those that are $16 or do we get capped at $15.99   I have been caught (I think on RCI) in the past so just checking

I'm fairly certain it includes $16 drinks but nothing over that. I don't think there were a lot of drinks right on the limit in 2019. 

Yes. The Plus Package drinks are priced $16 or less.
But you watch, after what I have seen coming from the Pacific Explorer cruise last week, Princess could put the prices of some drinks at some bars to a sneaky $16.50.
I saw the prices of cocktails at some bars on Pacific Explorer that were priced $15.50 and above. And the P&O normal Drinks Package limits the user to drinks $15 and below. Other bars had their cocktails priced at $15, but not all bars. My prediction is that certain bars (such as the Good Spirits at Sea venue) will increase their prices to $16.50 and then those drinks will not be covered fully by the PLUS Package, but instead by the Premier Package that starts the 25th June.
We will find out on our cruise on the 26th June I guess.

7 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

But you watch, after what I have seen coming from the Pacific Explorer cruise last week, Princess could put the prices of some drinks at some bars to a sneaky $16.50.
I saw the prices of cocktails at some bars on Pacific Explorer that were priced $15.50 and above. And the P&O normal Drinks Package limits the user to drinks $15 and below. Other bars had their cocktails priced at $15, but not all bars. My prediction is that certain bars (such as the Good Spirits at Sea venue) will increase their prices to $16.50 and then those drinks will not be covered fully by the PLUS Package, but instead by the Premier Package that starts the 25th June.

Some of the new fancy Good Spirits cocktails will definitely be over the $16 limit - that was mentioned when the package was released. 

I just checked my photos and there were several Crooners cocktails right on the $16 limit so it will be interesting to see if they stay the same price. If they go up in price there could be a mutiny onboard!!! 🤣

5 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Yes, I would expect most of the cocktails to be $16 on the dot. The stuff that is dearer is usually from a "premium" spirit, or from extra shots to make up the drink. When I say premium, Grey Goose really isn't premium vodka. but they will treat it that way.

Much of the P&O drinks were at the $15 cap, so if Princess is $16, who is the expensive one now? 😂 No doubt the Bonded Store will have dearer drinks than Explorer Hotel, Ocean Bar or Blue Room, and there has always been dearer cocktails on each menu - the waiter will tell you upfront if it is not covered by the package. 

The $40 per day plus fare looks awesome. Internet aside, 3 drinks per day has it covered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Yes I think it was a menu I saw from the Bonded Store. $15.50 and above. 
I am paying the $40 pp/pd for Princess PLUS which is way cheaper than any Drinks Package sold on P&O. So yes Princess is a lot cheaper in that instance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

Yes I think it was a menu I saw from the Bonded Store. $15.50 and above. 
I am paying the $40 pp/pd for Princess PLUS which is way cheaper than any Drinks Package sold on P&O. So yes Princess is a lot cheaper in that instance. 

It isn't known by many as the Bondage Store for nothing. 😁

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It isn't known by many as the Bondage Store for nothing. 😁

Actually I just went back just now and had another look at that Bonded Store Menu. The "Classic Cocktails" were actually priced $18 - $21. The $15.50 drinks I mentioned were Archie Rose Vodka and Gin drinks. Too rich for my blood.

4 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Actually I just went back just now and had another look at that Bonded Store Menu. The "Classic Cocktails" were actually priced $18 - $21. The $15.50 drinks I mentioned were Archie Rose Vodka and Gin drinks. Too rich for my blood.

That is the target market for the super duper drinks package. When they opened it, the turnover there is low because of the drink package not fitting with it - a premium bar is doomed without a matching drink package. we were drinking dirty martinis at the ocean bar made with that vodka. They went down well.

• Like 1

Glad you guys are sorting out the booze side.

BUT

Has anyone seen the latest Princess Soda package promo.
I got an e-mail about it, now can't find the dam thing.

It excitedly explained how wonderful they had upgraded it.

WELL that is a little contentious, what they have done is increase the price of the standard package from around AUD $12 to AUD $15.33, but dropped out the hot chocolate. Includes all, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu. Notice the hot chocolate has been deleted.

And now have introduced the Premium Coffee & Soda Package at AUD $29.99 per day, all specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull and Milk Shakes (if available).

Bit cheeky pinching the hot chocolate, to make the new package more tempting.

but thinking to make the $40 per day look really good

I often had the hot chocolate when Hil had her coffee.

Dam I'm a little pissed with them.😡

Typical give less, charge more, rip off.🤬

14 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

what they have done is increase the price of the standard package from around AUD $12 to AUD $15.33, but dropped out the hot chocolate

Ah that's a bit annoying.  The older child would only want soft drink and hot chocolates so that would have been perfect. I think what we'll do on our January Majestic Princess cruise is to just bring on our allocation of cans for the kids and buy coffee cards for the older girl to buy 15 hot chocolates as she sees fit for teh 13 night cruise.  We got the plus package for ourselves so the adults are sorted.  We might have one alcoholic drink each per day or something but will make back the promo price easily just from soft drinks, coffees and hot chocolates.

Tell you what though... we are booked on RCI for the first time in late 2023 and based on the drink package prices I'm seeing.. I much prefer the value proposition on Princess!!!!

27 minutes ago, losfp said:

Ah that's a bit annoying.  The older child would only want soft drink and hot chocolates so that would have been perfect. I think what we'll do on our January Majestic Princess cruise is to just bring on our allocation of cans for the kids and buy coffee cards for the older girl to buy 15 hot chocolates as she sees fit for teh 13 night cruise.  We got the plus package for ourselves so the adults are sorted.  We might have one alcoholic drink each per day or something but will make back the promo price easily just from soft drinks, coffees and hot chocolates.

Tell you what though... we are booked on RCI for the first time in late 2023 and based on the drink package prices I'm seeing.. I much prefer the value proposition on Princess!!!!

Yeah it is a bit annoying, but with everyone cost cutting, trying to maximise income, I don't think it was unexpected. Just dam I was looking forward to those cups of hot chocolate.😁 

What that expression "C'est la vie" what will be, will be.🙄

On 6/7/2022 at 10:45 AM, Ozwoody said:

Yeah it is a bit annoying, but with everyone cost cutting, trying to maximise income, I don't think it was unexpected. Just dam I was looking forward to those cups of hot chocolate.😁 

What that expression "C'est la vie" what will be, will be.🙄

Why not take your own ? Milk and hot water is complimentary. 

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Why not take your own ? Milk and hot water is complimentary. 

Good idea, but when sitting in the Crooners Lounge and deciding it'd be nice to have a mug of hot chocolate, its a long way to go get your cocoa from the cabin, then up to Horizon for hot water & milk, & sugar, and then back down to the Crooners Lounge to enjoy it.🤣

But then again; by the time I did all that, I'd probably sit the and think, dam I needed & enjoyed that after all that exercise.🙄 

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

But then again; by the time I did all that, I'd probably sit the and think, dam I needed & enjoyed that after all that exercise.

I thought hot chocolate, like brewed coffee, is complimentary on Princess, anywhere you can buy coffee you can order a hot chocolate - free 😁

From Princess:

Sip your favorite espresso-based beverage or tea with the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.”  (this should apply to your kids too)

Avoid that brewed coffee at all costs though 😝

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I thought hot chocolate, like brewed coffee, is complimentary on Princess, anywhere you can buy coffee you can order a hot chocolate - free 😁

From Princess:

Sip your favorite espresso-based beverage or tea with the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.”  (this should apply to your kids too)

Avoid that brewed coffee at all costs though 😝

No unfortunately, that "complimentary" is free IF you get the coffee card.

It was the same for the Soda Package, but it seems they have changed it, or are in the proceeds of changing it.😞

8 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

No unfortunately, that "complimentary" is free IF you get the coffee card.

It was the same for the Soda Package, but it seems they have changed it, or are in the proceeds of changing it.😞

I’m not sure that this is right 🤔 Complimentary usually means free?? If you are travelling with kids, this can be quite important to the overall budget, I would imagine. 

Cbtours has a list of things to check for lots of us, she is on the 16th departure, perhaps we can ask her to check?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I’m not sure that this is right 🤔 Complimentary usually means free?? If you are travelling with kids, this can be quite important to the overall budget, I would imagine. 

Cbtours has a list of things to check for lots of us, she is on the 16th departure, perhaps we can ask her to check?

It's good to check, I could be wrong.

But you will note that, That complimentary, is linked to the coffee & soda wording.

ie: Free if you pay.....  buy a drink package. LOL 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

It's good to check, I could be wrong.

But you will note that, That complimentary, is linked to the coffee & soda wording.

ie: Free if you pay.....  buy a drink package. LOL 😁

It is free under the coffee package in that it doesn't get counted as a coffee purchase so you still get your 15 coffees plus as many hot chocolates as you like.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It is free under the coffee package in that it doesn't get counted as a coffee purchase so you still get your 15 coffees plus as many hot chocolates as you like.

Ok - that’s interesting isn’t it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

The complimentary part is from the coffee package. While you have the "card", these items are in a sense "complimentary or free", as they are not deducted from the drinks count against your coffee card. They are not complimentary if you don't have a coffee card, but they have had the Nestle sachets in the buffet.

This is why they discontinued the old cards that were transferable from cruise to cruise - passengers cruising for 10 years with a single punch left on their card so they could still access those complimentary items available while they had the card.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Good idea, but when sitting in the Crooners Lounge and deciding it'd be nice to have a mug of hot chocolate, its a long way to go get your cocoa from the cabin, then up to Horizon for hot water & milk, & sugar, and then back down to the Crooners Lounge to enjoy it.🤣

But then again; by the time I did all that, I'd probably sit the and think, dam I needed & enjoyed that after all that exercise.🙄 

Given the hassle, I think I would just pay for a hot chocolate.

• Like 2

Only one of us drinks coffee, the other orders a hot chocolate and only one  "cross" is marked off the coffee card.

We have also ordered a pot of tea for two in the cafe, shown our Coffee card and never been charged.

Princess don't always have Hot Chocolate sachets, people take handfuls to save....so they run out.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Princess don't always have Hot Chocolate sachets, people take handfuls to save....so they run out.

Sometimes a years supply. Not me, but I know a couple of offenders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1