Princess new 2022 Drink Menus

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You need the dutch cocoa as well, other than that, experiment!

Ā 

One thing I did do was use a little of the hot milk to blend the cocoa etc into a loose paste before adding the rest of the milk. And I used regular milk, not low fat. I was lucky though, I got it right first time, for once. I don't make hot chocolate very often so never remember what I did the previous time.

That's what I do, I believe it gives a smoother flavour, plus easier to mix. My wife prefers soy milk, I've got use to it, and now find it is very smooth in the chocolate.

For many years the coffee on tap in the Horizon Court buffet on Princess ships has been regarded as almost undrinkable, like the terra firma equivalent, omg some people still drink thisā€¦

download.jpg.20ab145674baf5cf4048f11538ba6a1d.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

For many years the coffee on tap in the Horizon Court buffet on Princess ships has been regarded as almost undrinkable, like the terra firma equivalent, omg some people still drink thisā€¦

Ā 

Ā 

I think it was that stuff that made me a non coffee drinker.šŸ˜

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Ā 

Ā 

That stuff is better than Horror Zone Court coffee!

9 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

The buffet is called HORIZON COURT. Play on words.

OK, Right I understand...

Ah no I don't..

Isn't they then the same thing?

Ā 

How Can it then be worst than it's self?šŸ¤”Ā  It would then be really bad??Ā šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

What's the "Horror Zone Court"?Ā 

It is indeed a dereliction of Horizon Court, but an appropriate name for embarkation day.

Ā 

Horror Zone Court is the place most passengers rush to after boarding a Princess ship, in order to join a conga line of plate fillers. The horror part is not the food, but the erratic cross traffic and the sanitiser dodging folk that handled the tongs before you. Oh, and the coffee.

Ā 

The new protocols limit the amount of self-service, and hopefully the staff are more insistent that passengers washy washy before entering. As days pass, passengers work out the flow of the place and things become civilised.

Ā 

For anyone into people watching, embarkation day in the buffet is about as good as it gets.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ozwoody said:

OK, Right I understand...

Ah no I don't..

Isn't they then the same thing?

Ā 

How Can it then be worst than it's self?šŸ¤”Ā  It would then be really bad??Ā šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

The International Roast coffee that was pictured is considered as bad, if not worse, than Horror Zone brewed coffee.

Ā 

However now/when they have an espresso machine there and if the barista knows what they are doing you can get a decent espresso there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The International Roast coffee that was pictured is considered as bad, if not worse, than Horror Zone brewed coffee.

Ā 

However now/when they have an espresso machine there and if the barista knows what they are doing you can get a decent espresso there.

Ah ok now I get it.

Philosophy isn't an engineers strong point, please forgive this humble being.šŸ˜†

Yes it can be a bit hectic embarkation day. Normally go to the patisserie area for a nibble then cabin to unpack.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Ah ok now I get it.

Philosophy isn't an engineers strong point, please forgive this humble being.šŸ˜†

Yes it can be a bit hectic embarkation day. Normally go to the patisserie area for a nibble then cabin to unpack.

We've usually managed to get onboard early enough to go to the MDR for lunch. It's quiet, relaxing, the menu is limited but good, and there's usually a souffle for dessert. It's a great way to start your cruise. šŸ˜Š

• Like 2

We try hard not to need to go anywhere to eat on embarkation, just wander the ship, compare this ship to that ship, generally fill in time until cabin is ready. It really is a chaotic time to eat during boarding - very few manners or courteousy in evidence šŸ˜³

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Porky55

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've usually managed to get onboard early enough to go to the MDR for lunch. It's quiet, relaxing, the menu is limited but good, and there's usually a souffle for dessert. It's a great way to start your cruise. šŸ˜Š

us tooĀ šŸ˜

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

us tooĀ šŸ˜

Haven't tried the MDR at boarding, will do next cruise we do.

The last few cruises we done, we were delivered to the terminal early between 10-10:30, as my B-I-L has had to be somewhere else by 11am. so were on board about 11:15-11:30.

To early to go to the cabin, been on the ship/ships several times before, so no need to explore, so have a quite nibble and drink. Head of to cabin about an hour later and unpack, then sit back and relax, well earnt after two days of hectic packing, and excitement we are finally going.šŸ˜Š

Ā 

By the way I did'nt say it was me hectic packing, packing is a whole new story.....šŸ¤£

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Haven't tried the MDR at boarding, will do next cruise we do.

The last few cruises we done, we were delivered to the terminal early between 10-10:30, as my B-I-L has had to be somewhere else by 11am. so were on board about 11:15-11:30.

To early to go to the cabin, been on the ship/ships several times before, so no need to explore, so have a quite nibble and drink. Head of to cabin about an hour later and unpack, then sit back and relax, well earnt after two days of hectic packing, and excitement we are finally going.šŸ˜Š

Ā 

By the way I did'nt say it was me hectic packing, packing is a whole new story.....šŸ¤£

We embark as early as we can too but love heading to MDR as soon as we can for a leisurely lunch. So our current off theme diversion is how Ozwoody packs hahahahah

Having at one point in my life spent 3 months working on a project in Brasilia I have been fortunate enough to sample some of the world's best coffee, along with, very surprisingly, some of the worst. Believe me, the Horizon Court coffee is far from the worst coffee around, and I find it quite drinkable. Then again I don't pollute my coffee with milk and sugar, and I don't mind if you can stand a spoon up in it either.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Way to go! šŸ‘

• Like 1

We both drink the coffee in the Horizon Court and don't find it too objectionable. šŸ˜ I prefer to get my own because I can add a dash of hot water so it isn't too strong. However, the coffee in the dining room is quite drinkable as long as it hasn't cooled off too much before I get it. The waiters keep the coffee carafe in an insulated cupboard, but sometimes it is there too long before they serve it.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

We both drink the coffee in the Horizon Court and don't find it too objectionable. šŸ˜ I prefer to get my own because I can add a dash of hot water so it isn't too strong. However, the coffee in the dining room is quite drinkable as long as it hasn't cooled off too much before I get it. The waiters keep the coffee carafe in an insulated cupboard, but sometimes it is there too long before they serve it.

If weā€™re in buffet we ask for hot milk! Then get our half cup of coffee and add the hot milk. Itā€™s never been a problem for them.

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

If weā€™re in buffet we ask for hot milk! Then get our half cup of coffee and add the hot milk. Itā€™s never been a problem for them.

The extra milk would probably solve the problem with the coffee. Good idea.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We embark as early as we can too but love heading to MDR as soon as we can for a leisurely lunch. So our current off theme diversion is how Ozwoody packs hahahahah

Generally ladies have a harder time packing than gentlemen.

So many styles colours and shoes to chose from and mix & match.

Men just a bunch of shirts pants and a couple of shoes and he done, usually takes me about 15-20 minutes, done.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Men just a bunch of shirts pants and a couple of shoes and he done, usually takes me about 15-20 minutes, done.

True

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Agreed. It doesn't take me as long to pack for husband as it does for me. šŸ˜ Yes, I have to pack for him while he stands there looking helpless.

• Haha 2

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. It doesn't take me as long to pack for husband as it does for me. šŸ˜ Yes, I have to pack for him while he stands there looking helpless.

Awwwww so sweet šŸ„°

• Like 2