I know this has been asked before but I can't find it in the search, how many days out are people getting their flight inform

jamadeliz

Hi all,

How many days out are people getting their flight information for Europe cruises.  We are leaving from Boston to Athens in a little over 50 days.  Just curious.  If anyone has flown Boston to Athens recently what airlines did NCL put you on?  Before others chime in, I recognize that I may not receive the same airlines.  I am just curious.

Thank you.

We received the official flight info on Friday June 3rd for a July 3 cruise departure.  This is an odd booking as it’s b2b and we have 2 nights before. Others we are traveling with received their info a few days before we did.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jamadeliz said:

Hi all,

How many days out are people getting their flight information for Europe cruises.  We are leaving from Boston to Athens in a little over 50 days.  Just curious.  If anyone has flown Boston to Athens recently what airlines did NCL put you on?  Before others chime in, I recognize that I may not receive the same airlines.  I am just curious.

Thank you.

To answer the other question, we are flying out of DC and have United to Barcelona.  Return is Royal Air Maroc (had an IATA I hadn’t seen in a long time (Obi wan reference)) and that one flies through Casablanca.  

4 hours ago, Harratine said:

To answer the other question, we are flying out of DC and have United to Barcelona.  Return is Royal Air Maroc (had an IATA I hadn’t seen in a long time (Obi wan reference)) and that one flies through Casablanca.   

I have never heard of Royal Air Maroc.  Thank you for your help!

20 minutes ago, Vvanalstine said:

Not helpful for your question, but we are 32 days from departure and haven’t received our flight info yet. We are flying to Athens as well.

Actually this is helpful at least I know that I probably shouldn't be expecting anything soon.  Have a great trip!

NCL sent out an email a couple of weeks ago and said they were behind, so around 30 days.  36 days out, still nothing, not even a placeholder, although some people on my cruise are getting some info.  I have no real issues with not knowing other than seat selection might be limited the longer it takes.

• Like 1

We fly from the New York City area on July 25, and we received our flight info on Sunday, June 5.  Our traveling companions who are departing from San Francisco also got their flight info on that day.  Seems as though a fair amount of variation is going on.  

• Like 1

Makes it tough to book hotels (we’re doing the two days before and after - Iceland/England).  Hate to get a room only to find out we’re flying all night…. 

Oh well - good info on the timing!

57 minutes ago, jebbkab said:

Makes it tough to book hotels (we’re doing the two days before and after - Iceland/England).  Hate to get a room only to find out we’re flying all night…. 

Oh well - good info on the timing!

I'm flying to Reykjavik a day early, have a hotel reservation near the airport, can cancel anytime.  But most of the complaints I've seen have been about arriving late in the day so no chance to do anything pre-cruise.

Someone said in one of the many other threads on flights that the deviation request means you arrive 1 or 2 days (depending on which you requested) before embarkation.  Yes, you could arrive late in the day.  I had quite the opposite (domestically) when I took a 1 day deviation and was in LA from NY in time for lunch - PLENTY of time to have made the ship if it had been embarkation day!

I am booked on the July 17th from New York to Barcelona and have not gotten my flight details yet! 
we also have a 2 day deviation; so we are 36 days from departure and have not gotten info yet. 
may main concern is booking decent seats so I can sit next to my wife in the plane. 

We are now 29 days out and no info. Spent 4 hours on hold yesterday to inquire as to when we might hear something, as the placeholder flights are still different for myself and the later added member of our party.

I did learn yesterday that just because you pay the “travel with” fee, you aren’t guaranteed to have the same flights (despite the website stating otherwise). Threw me a bit for a loop as my husband’s placeholder flight is nowhere near our flight times, on the way out or back.

Luckily I booked a flight deviation of two days on the front end. I am just concerned about not finding seats together or close (traveling with husband, kids, and mom).

1 hour ago, Joeydirt501 said:

I am booked on the July 17th from New York to Barcelona and have not gotten my flight details yet! 
we also have a 2 day deviation; so we are 36 days from departure and have not gotten info yet. 
may main concern is booking decent seats so I can sit next to my wife in the plane. 

There were lots of seats together on the flights I just logged into. Maybe the overseas flights aren’t as popular.

6 minutes ago, MochaChip23 said:

We are 31 days out from July 10 cruise and still no word on flights.  We requested 2 day deviation on front end.  How do you even see placeholder flights that some of you mentioned?

On 6/6/2022 at 11:59 PM, MochaChip23 said:

We are 34 days out from July 10 Rome departure and have not received our flights.  

Sorta Interesting - We are also on July 10th from Barcelona on Epic. We have had our flights for the better part of a week and a half now.

12 hours ago, MochaChip23 said:

We are 31 days out from July 10 cruise and still no word on flights.  We requested 2 day deviation on front end.  How do you even see placeholder flights that some of you mentioned?

Our placeholder flight shows up on the NCL app under “My Plans”.

• Like 1

Update:  We got placeholder flights showing up in the app yesterday June 11 for our July 10th cruise from Rome.  We have a deviation so actually leaving July 7.  Now waiting the official email with flights (although my TA says he has and is sending me in email today)!

Not sure if this was just by chance or because I finally reached the air department yesterday and after talking to the agent, she put in a request to get them assigned since we were less than 30 days out.