Brisbane International Cruise Ship Terminal - Open Day

Why he doesn't the Brisbane Port Authority have an Open Day, with free parking for locals?  A gold coin donation could go to a good cause, such as the recent floods..  

I'm not going to drive all the way to Pinkenba and then pay for parking, just to have a look.  Maybe local bus companies will run day tours for Seniors, like they used to, to the Grain Terminal Wharf in Brisbane.  

• Like 2

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Why doesn't the Brisbane Port Authority have an Open Day, with free parking for locals?  A gold coin donation could go to a good cause, such as the recent floods..  

I'm not going to drive all the way to Pinkenba and then pay for parking, just to have a look.  Maybe local bus companies will run day tours for Seniors, like they used to, to the Grain Terminal Wharf in Brisbane.  

I have been trying to see the new terminal on Google maps/Earth and from diagrams - doesn't seem to be much parking space to me maybe even less than at the grain silos? 

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

I have been trying to see the new terminal on Google maps/Earth and from diagrams - doesn't seem to be much parking space to me maybe even less than at the grain silos? 

Tried to find original plan, without success.  However, I did find some interesting development publicity 

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

There are 900 parking spaces at the BICT - 227 (from memory) of which are under cover.

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Why he doesn't the Brisbane Port Authority have an Open Day, with free parking for locals?

The recent visit by Pacific Explorer is probably as close as we'll get.

The Premier and the Lord Mayor were there. There was a band and the parking was free. 🙂

There was an open day some months ago. It was geared for T/A's and media, but I believe anyone who requested to attend could.

Ask Brisbane Ports, or book a cruise and see it on the run. It is a nice building, but not like visiting a museum or a library.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

How do the parking numbers compare with what is available in the vicinity of portside?  You need under cover parking during the storm season.  

The only parking near Portside was with Portside Parking (under cover and open air) and formerly with Gateway Parking. The latter one has now closed. Between the two companies they might have had 900 spaces. Both companies operated shuttle mini buses.

Portside Parking is still operating and will have shuttle buses for passengers who park at their facility.

Edited by Aus Traveller