Ships in Galveston?

17 minutes ago, 39august said:

The web site is confusing to me. I thought Allure was in Galveston starting this Nov. Now I see Harmony there. When approximately is Allure in Galveston and Harmony in Galveston, please?

They are approx a year apart. Look at the year on the dates. 

Looking forward to both. ..and radiance swings thru next jan to April for some different ports than usual. Cant wait.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, boozrcruzr said:

Will  there be different destinations with these sailings, or the same as usual?

Allure and harmony ports are boringly alike. 

Radiance has a couple 9 days to coco cay, and 3 of the 10 days to Panama columbia which is what I'm booked on, to hopefully get a excursion to the locks. It's a smaller ship which can port where the bigger ships cant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Allure and harmony ports are boringly alike. 

Radiance has a couple 9 days to coco cay, and 3 of the 10 days to Panama columbia which is what I'm booked on, to hopefully get a excursion to the locks. It's a smaller ship which can port where the bigger ships cant. 

There’s also the Radiance full PC transit in April, 15 days  Galveston to LA. 

Edited by ocean sounds
Edit

7 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

There’s also the full PC transit in April, 15 days  Galveston to LA. 

Lol well go for it. I have a mid march group cruise with John and LaLa oitmof miami so I'm not interested. ..but book it if you are interested. I feel lucky I could squeeze in the jan  30th cruise and still do the group cruise out of  Miami. 

18 hours ago, 39august said:

The web site is confusing to me. I thought Allure was in Galveston starting this Nov. Now I see Harmony there. When approximately is Allure in Galveston and Harmony in Galveston, please?

Go to a third party website and choose sailings from Galveston on Royal Caribbean. You will see all available ships and sailings in one go. As has been stated be careful of the year.

2 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

Clicking thru to the PDF schedule seemed to be up to date... 

I don’t know what you can see. The only one I see says updated 12/02/21 lots of changes since then. I was on the Adventure repositioning.

I find this reference site the most efficient way to see the ships I expect to be in port with.

It's also handy for me to use to see what ships will be leaving Galveston 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/galveston-port-88

It seems to stay up to day except for a few late changes that did not get reflected for a week. But most long term scheduling seems accurate. 

With regard to Galveston, (I'm close and it's the only cruise port I sail from/and watch)

Also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the super size Allure in Nov ALONG WITH the new Royal Cruise Terminal to handle it. It's been getting its signature BLUE paint for the last few days. 

image.png.86394da1c3acc07be47d8d0f0ec7fe3e.png

... and for entertainment, here's a graphic representation of the good information meadowlander and firefly333 already provided :- )  
Royal ships leaving GAL thru 2024: 

image.png.24bcf12aeb39e639cc812c6eec3be9c7.png

20 minutes ago, Crapster said:

I find this reference site the most efficient way to see the ships I expect to be in port with.

It's also handy for me to use to see what ships will be leaving Galveston 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/galveston-port-88

It seems to stay up to day except for a few late changes that did not get reflected for a week. But most long term scheduling seems accurate. 

With regard to Galveston, (I'm close and it's the only cruise port I sail from/and watch)

Also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the super size Allure in Nov ALONG WITH the new Royal Cruise Terminal to handle it. It's been getting its signature BLUE paint for the last few days. 

image.png.86394da1c3acc07be47d8d0f0ec7fe3e.png

... and for entertainment, here's a graphic representation of the good information meadowlander and firefly333 already provided :- )  
Royal ships leaving GAL thru 2024: 

image.png.24bcf12aeb39e639cc812c6eec3be9c7.png

Thanks, thats a more accurate chart regarding time frame - did you compile the chart yourself?

it is good for determining what ships are there at a given time and you can determine itineraries from there.

26 minutes ago, Crapster said:

Do we think the terminal will be ready in time? Looks like it had a long way to go in May when I saw it and it looked much smaller than I expected

Edited by c-leg5

13 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks, thats a more accurate chart regarding time frame - did you compile the chart yourself?

it is good for determining what ships are there at a given time and you can determine itineraries from there.

It's just an XLS that only needs small updates from time to time since I only go out of the GAL port and, exactly as you said, it provides me a quick way to see what my ship choices I have and any given time in one view. 
Happy sailing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Do we think the terminal will be ready in time? Looks like it had a long way to go in May when I saw it and it looked much smaller than I expected

I sure hope so, I'm booked on the second Allure schedule out of there and am looking forward to using it. I'm so curious what they're calling "State of the Art" facilities. Most I found was automated TSA but they already do this now with their threaded lanes with little iPad taking your picture for matching.  

Article from Interworld-Pacific.com : April 9, 2022

The newest Royal Caribbean terminal will open in the fall of 2022.

The new $125 million home for Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas is planned to launch in autumn 2022. The large 161,300-square-foot terminal, also known as Pier 10, is located on ten acres in the eastern side of the Port of Galveston and will be used solely by Royal Caribbean ships entering or departing from the city.

Royal Caribbean International, Ceres Terminal Holdings, LLC, and the Galveston Wharves collaborated on the 125 million USD project. The 68-foot tall building front’s construction began in the summer of 2021, when it broke ground. The terminal’s construction has since risen and will be finished in the autumn of this year.

The debut voyage of Royal Caribbean’s Oasis-class ship, Allure of the Seas, from its new island home will take place in only eight months.

The new terminal will be a pleasant sight in Galveston and a nice change to the city’s skyline. Colorful blue panels, vertical accent windows, and the trademark Royal Caribbean anchor insignia will adorn the building’s façade.

Royal Caribbean Galveston TerminalRoyal Caribbean provided the rendering.

Royal Caribbean’s interior concept depicts a soaring, sun-drenched area with vivid, tropical hues. At the terminal, mobile check-in and face recognition will improve boarding and disembarking.

Also read: A Sneak Peek Inside Royal Caribbean’s $125 Million Galveston Terminal

Royal Caribbean has committed to build the terminal to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accreditation requirements as part of the port’s Green Marine strategy.

New Terminal & Cruise Ships Will Be Huge Boost For Galveston

Galveston will be severely impacted by the arrival of an Oasis-class cruise ship. Not only will 5,400 passengers board and depart each week, but thousands of staff members will also stop in Galveston for a few hours in between trips. 

The new Royal Caribbean cruise terminal alone will generate 400 construction jobs, 400 permanent employment, 1.4 billion in local business services, and 5.6 million in state and local tax revenue.

Royal Caribbean Galveston Cruise TerminalRoyal Caribbean provided the rendering.

Not only that, but there’s more. Carnival Cruise Line has committed the Carnival Jubilee to Galveston, while Norwegian Cruise Line will send Norwegian Prima, a new Project Leonardo Class ship, to the port. Each week, the three ships will welcome around 13,000 passengers to the port. 

When she sails for the first time from Galveston on November 13, Allure of the Seas will offer 7-day Western Caribbean cruises with stops in Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

Beginning in November 2023, the Carnival Jubilee will sail the same route and visit the same ports. From December 2023, Norwegian Prima will operate out of Galveston, sailing Western Caribbean routes. 

Radiance of the Seas will be redeployed to Galveston and New Orleans from October 2022 to April 2023, according to Royal Caribbean International.

Royal Caribbean Galveston Terminal

7 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

Article from Interworld-Pacific.com : April 9, 2022

The newest Royal Caribbean terminal will open in the fall of 2022.

The new $125 million home for Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas is planned to launch in autumn 2022. The large 161,300-square-foot terminal, also known as Pier 10, is located on ten acres in the eastern side of the Port of Galveston and will be used solely by Royal Caribbean ships entering or departing from the city.

Royal Caribbean International, Ceres Terminal Holdings, LLC, and the Galveston Wharves collaborated on the 125 million USD project. The 68-foot tall building front’s construction began in the summer of 2021, when it broke ground. The terminal’s construction has since risen and will be finished in the autumn of this year.

The debut voyage of Royal Caribbean’s Oasis-class ship, Allure of the Seas, from its new island home will take place in only eight months.

The new terminal will be a pleasant sight in Galveston and a nice change to the city’s skyline. Colorful blue panels, vertical accent windows, and the trademark Royal Caribbean anchor insignia will adorn the building’s façade.

Royal Caribbean Galveston TerminalRoyal Caribbean provided the rendering.

Royal Caribbean’s interior concept depicts a soaring, sun-drenched area with vivid, tropical hues. At the terminal, mobile check-in and face recognition will improve boarding and disembarking.

Also read: A Sneak Peek Inside Royal Caribbean’s $125 Million Galveston Terminal

Royal Caribbean has committed to build the terminal to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accreditation requirements as part of the port’s Green Marine strategy.

New Terminal & Cruise Ships Will Be Huge Boost For Galveston

Galveston will be severely impacted by the arrival of an Oasis-class cruise ship. Not only will 5,400 passengers board and depart each week, but thousands of staff members will also stop in Galveston for a few hours in between trips. 

The new Royal Caribbean cruise terminal alone will generate 400 construction jobs, 400 permanent employment, 1.4 billion in local business services, and 5.6 million in state and local tax revenue.

Royal Caribbean Galveston Cruise TerminalRoyal Caribbean provided the rendering.

Not only that, but there’s more. Carnival Cruise Line has committed the Carnival Jubilee to Galveston, while Norwegian Cruise Line will send Norwegian Prima, a new Project Leonardo Class ship, to the port. Each week, the three ships will welcome around 13,000 passengers to the port. 

When she sails for the first time from Galveston on November 13, Allure of the Seas will offer 7-day Western Caribbean cruises with stops in Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

Beginning in November 2023, the Carnival Jubilee will sail the same route and visit the same ports. From December 2023, Norwegian Prima will operate out of Galveston, sailing Western Caribbean routes. 

Radiance of the Seas will be redeployed to Galveston and New Orleans from October 2022 to April 2023, according to Royal Caribbean International.

Royal Caribbean Galveston Terminal

Thank you. I have seen that article before. I was just wondering what “on the ground” reports were.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Thank you. I have seen that article before. I was just wondering what “on the ground” reports were.

According to Ceres Terminal Holdings, LLC, in recent meeting says construction and opening progress is on time  , and to be completed October 2022 . First sailing still to be November 2022. 

• Thanks 2

As long as the fire protection, electrical and IT networking are all working and signed off, there's nothing stopping RCL from using the building while some of the finishing touches get completed.  Unlike most other commercial buildings, five or six days a week the terminal is empty and work can continue after the official opening date.