Boarding times question

We have six rooms linked. We all selected the 10:30 boarding time, but now, 1/2 of each party has changed to 11:30? It is definitely an error on RCL's end. For example, my husband and I are both doing a connecting interior room with one adult and one child in each room. RCL changed the kids to 11:30 and my husband and I are still boarding at 10:30. Is RCL going to babysit my kids at the pier for an hour? LOL 

My TA has assured me that RCL will accept everyone at 10:30, but I keep reading how important it is to show up at the correct time. The 10:30 boarding time is no longer available, so I cannot change everyone.

Any insight? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, landsear said:

We have six rooms linked. We all selected the 10:30 boarding time, but now, 1/2 of each party has changed to 11:30? It is definitely an error on RCL's end. For example, my husband and I are both doing a connecting interior room with one adult and one child in each room. RCL changed the kids to 11:30 and my husband and I are still boarding at 10:30. Is RCL going to babysit my kids at the pier for an hour? LOL 

My TA has assured me that RCL will accept everyone at 10:30, but I keep reading how important it is to show up at the correct time. The 10:30 boarding time is no longer available, so I cannot change everyone.

Any insight? Thanks!

I'm looking forward to comments from recent cruisers as I'm facing a similar situation.

13 hours ago, MellowMel said:

Some of our group had early board and some had an hour later. They told us we could all board at the later time but the ones later could not board earlier. That was at the Ft. Lauderdale port.

Ok.  Thanks for the information.  I'm leaving out of Cape Liberty on Friday.  It will be interesting to see if they treat our group the same way. 

1 minute ago, matt082600 said:

Ok.  Thanks for the information.  I'm leaving out of Cape Liberty on Friday.  It will be interesting to see if they treat our group the same way. 

We left from Cape Liberty in May and had an 11:30. No one checked our papers. There is usually someone that looks at your e ticket. Nope!

I can't remember where it is written but somewhere in the paperwork it will say something like "arrive with your entire party at the scheduled time". We boarded in Galveston with a party of four. I had an 11:00 time and the other three had 12:00. Since we were all in the same party, they allowed us to all board at the earlier time.

We boarded at Port Canaveral on Sunday. No one checked boarding times. All they wanted to see were our test results and shot cards. They did scan our boarding passes at the counter with our passports but that was it.