On Britannia now - reality check

Orianababes

7 hours ago, Orianababes said:

Well, sadly the cruise is over and have travelled home safely.

Overall we enjoyed the cruise. The little things missing hardly seemed worth mentioning. Entertainment team excellent, across the board. Food excellent on slightly reduced choices.

I think that, if you travel with a positive frame of mind, you will enjoy yourself. If you are looking for little niggles you will probably be successful, as the industry has been hammered.

Staff quality as good as ever regarding politeness and helpfulness. Some are still learning, remember we all had to learn!
Cannot wait until next cruise in August

Refreshing attitude. I'm sure you will enjoy your August cruise. Ours are July, September and October. We have a gap to fill in August. ....what to do?. 🤔

• Like 5

Brief update on B215 so far,  using the app is easy and no problem with a smart phone, and no cost with airplane mode on. However although we have used it for joining a queue for dinner on the 2 nights so far, I am not convinced its needed as there is no queuing, as yet.
Other than that and and the still missing turn down service, everything seems just about normal, we have not worn a mask as yet and not been asked to and only a few passengers are actually wearing masks on board.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

One additional point for consideration, there appeared to be a perfectly normal sail aesy party on the lido deck when we disembarked. So they appear to back operating as pre covid.

Enjoy your cruise John, will be interested to know how it goes as we were booked on this cruise but I moved it to 2023 quite a while ago.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

One additional point for consideration, there appeared to be a perfectly normal sail aesy party on the lido deck when we disembarked. So they appear to back operating as pre covid.

Have a great time.  Looking forward to your updates.  

I'm off on the Edge on Saturday and then Regal Princess on 2 July (following your recommendation) so will be interesting to compare our experiences).

Edited by Megabear2
Missed words

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Brief update on B215 so far,  using the app is easy and no problem with a smart phone, and no cost with airplane mode on. However although we have used it for joining a queue for dinner on the 2 nights so far, I am not convinced its needed as there is no queuing, as yet.
Other than that and and the still missing turn down service, everything seems just about normal, we have not worn a mask as yet and not been asked to and only a few passengers are actually wearing masks on board.

Hi

you are finding the same as we did on the cruise before yours. Had to wear a mask when I had to visit medical centre. What a good team they are - hope you don’t need to find out!

We are due on Britannia in July. On previous cruises we have purchased packs of 2 litre bottles of water. I have read somewhere that P&O are no longer selling water in plastic bottles but in tins instead.  Can anyone who has been on board recently, or is currently on board, confirm this and also what size are the tins and cost. Due to health reasons we cannot risk drinking water from the taps.

2 minutes ago, True Devonian said:

We are due on Britannia in July. On previous cruises we have purchased packs of 2 litre bottles of water. I have read somewhere that P&O are no longer selling water in plastic bottles but in tins instead.  Can anyone who has been on board recently, or is currently on board, confirm this and also what size are the tins and cost. Due to health reasons we cannot risk drinking water from the taps.

That is correct that you cannot buy water in plastic bottles onboard - you can, of course, buy them ashore and bring them onboard.

Last week six 500ml cans cost £7.25 less any Peninsular discount.

1 hour ago, david63 said:

That is correct that you cannot buy water in plastic bottles onboard - you can, of course, buy them ashore and bring them onboard.

Last week six 500ml cans cost £7.25 less any Peninsular discount.

Thank you for your reply. That is helpful.