Did I hear correctly that FCCs can be transferred to another person?

Did I hear correctly that FCCs can be transferred to another person?  If so, how does it work.

This would be great news!  My sister's family canceled a cruise right when everything shut down in March 2020.  They are never going to use their FCC.  But my husband and I sure would, if they could be transferred!

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Call RCI.

I'd like to have a little more info before I call them, so I know what I am talking about.  We all know that the person who answers the phone isn't always the most knowledgeable.

21 minutes ago, DonnaK said:

Did I hear correctly that FCCs can be transferred to another person?  If so, how does it work.

This would be great news!  My sister's family canceled a cruise right when everything shut down in March 2020.  They are never going to use their FCC.  But my husband and I sure would, if they could be transferred!

yes, you  can transfer them.  They either need a letter from the original person or they have to call.  It was super easy since I am a TA. I told them I had the letter and they automatically applied it to my cruise since it was my granddaughter.

1 minute ago, DonnaK said:

I'd like to have a little more info before I call them, so I know what I am talking about.

Pretend to be your sister's family when you call and have all the details of their booking which led to the FCC - ignore the FAQ posted above - others have successfully transferred FCCs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DonnaK said:

Thank you!

I knew it sounded too good to be true.

That is old information that they have not removed from their website.  I know prior to June 1 when the FCC's had an expiry date they could be transferred to someone else however now that they have removed the expiry dates I am not sure if they still will allow transfers

I've had 2 separate experiences.  On one occasion, my TA, via Royal, requested a letter duly signed certifying by the FCCs owner (my kids) to transfer amounts to me.  On another occasion, since my TA was on hiatus because of the pandemic, Royal Customer Service simply wanted to speak to the FCCs owner(s) prior to taking and action.

Royal cannot apply these amounts unless there's an open booking(s) to apply.  In essence, I've been fortunate with a little homework to have 5 separate FCCs transferred to my open bookings. 

Now everything is square and, in the future, if there's a choice between FCCs and a refund, I'd be a total fool not to take the refunds.  I've invested a lot of time & effort in accomplishing the objective in not losing a single penny from the cancelled cruises due to the pandemic. 

• Like 1

Just had three FCC’s belonging to my daughter and her family and had $750 applied to my open booking.  My daughter had to call and initiate the transfer to me.  

You will need the original reservation number where the credits came from, the name on the FCC, their Crown & Anchor number if they have one and then the name you want to transfer it to and their C&A number.

if you have a travel agent they should be able to help you…

Yes, our TA is in the process of transferring two FCC (deposit only) from our adult kids RSVP (canceled due to COVID) to our RSVP.  She did ask if I had paid for theirs and put it on my credit card, which I did (not sure if that makes a difference.  This was a recent policy change by RCCL that went into effect April 1st and I'm not sure how long it will last.  Another good reason to have a TA as she's taking care of everything.  However, your issue might be when the canceled and received their FCC.  Our TA told me in February not to cancel the kids as there was a modified cancelation policy coming out soon that might be to our benefit, which it was.  Another good reason to use a TA.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

On 6/12/2022 at 3:50 PM, DonnaK said:

Thanks to all who replied.  I was able to successfully have my sister's 4 FCCs applied to my next cruise by following all the advice given here!

Lucky, we just got told the policy is only good for sailings prior to end of September.  Our TA went head to head with her RCCL rep and was able to get our November cruise "grandfathered" in, but with a $100 cancelation fee per person.  That cost me $900, but at least my OS is almost paid for now.