Pinnacle-class bathroom nightlight

JennysUncle

@JennysUncle another solution I use is packing a small, motion activated rechargeable (via USB cable) LED light. Mine has a magnet on the back, but I usually just set it somewhere convenient since it is rectangular and doesn't roll away. It's about the length of a candy bar, but half as thick and weighs less than chocolate.

They no longer have a listing for the exact one I got, but dozens of vaguely similar items are selling for around $10 each. I use mine at home as well as when I travel, recharging it only once a month or so, and it is going strong since 2016. (My Amazon search shows me that's when I bought it.) 🙂

I've also traveled with a battery powered tealight, but those often feel like they will break if not handled carefully. My bar shaped light is very sturdy.

I bought these night lights for my last cruise.  They sound similar to the ones WilloL described but smaller. They have magnets on the back that are quite strong.  I fully charged them before my 7 day cruise and did not need to recharge during the cruise.

https://www.amazon.com/AUVON-Rechargeable-Adjustable-Brightness-Cabinet/dp/B07MHVTHQS?pd_rd_w=yQBkr&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc622850-a717-4d94-96c3-7cc183488298&pf_rd_p=bc622850-a717-4d94-96c3-7cc183488298&pf_rd_r=2ZKQBTGGPNSGY7JTA0MC&pd_rd_wg=TQ0AE&pd_rd_r=5bf6d085-ddd4-4ddc-afe2-22b9873d21ae&pd_rd_i=B07MHVTHQS&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_36_t

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the info. I just ordered these from Amazon.

2 hours ago, bbstx said:

I bought these night lights for my last cruise.  They sound similar to the ones WilloL described but smaller. They have magnets on the back that are quite strong.  I fully charged them before my 7 day cruise and did not need to recharge during the cruise.

https://www.amazon.com/AUVON-Rechargeable-Adjustable-Brightness-Cabinet/dp/B07MHVTHQS?pd_rd_w=yQBkr&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc622850-a717-4d94-96c3-7cc183488298&pf_rd_p=bc622850-a717-4d94-96c3-7cc183488298&pf_rd_r=2ZKQBTGGPNSGY7JTA0MC&pd_rd_wg=TQ0AE&pd_rd_r=5bf6d085-ddd4-4ddc-afe2-22b9873d21ae&pd_rd_i=B07MHVTHQS&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_36_t

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbstx said:

I bought these night lights for my last cruise.  They sound similar to the ones WilloL described but smaller. They have magnets on the back that are quite strong.

So did you use them with the built-in magnet and not with the extra portable stick on magnet?

3 hours ago, triiip42 said:

So did you use them with the built-in magnet and not with the extra portable stick on magnet?

@triiip42Yes, I used them with the integrated magnet on the back.  The extra metal piece is for using the magnet on the back when the object you are sticking them to isn’t metal.  From reading the reviews, once the extra metal piece is affixed to an object or a wall, it is pretty permanent.  

Edited by bbstx
  • Thanks 1

I used those for 3 wk on the NS. One I placed on base of wall next to bathroom & 2nd one I left on vanity at night. We were in a verandah & bathroom was 3’ from my side of bed. We board Zaandam 7/9 in an ocean view. Hoping steward can remove small table so I don’t trip over it. I love them. Easy to charge & taking them onSouth Pacific cruise next winter. 

We were on Noordam and they had the motion sensor lights under cabinets in the room. My husband started putting a towel down so they would not shine in his face. Our bathroom had a nightlight in the ceiling, but we were in a signature suite and our son's interior cabin across the hall did not have the bathroom nightlight (but did have the under cabinet lights).