keeping Pinnacle-class shower door open

JennysUncle

The Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, and Rotterdam have walk-in showers with glass doors.  There have been complaints that the glass panels are too close to the toilet for the knees of taller people.  Here are two ways to address that.  The towel trick keeps the door from closing, but the door can swing back and hit the bumper on the wall - which can be annoying if the ship is rolling.  A better solution is to tie it open.  Doing that with a velcro strip (needs to be at least 12")  is convenient since it can be snapped on and off.  Keeping the door open has a secondary benefit - it lets the shower stall dry out faster.

0419_1403_B7441.jpg

0425_1221_B7607.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Aquahoundyour picture does look a bit different than the couple of ones I just found on Halfacts.  Yours looks like the fixed portion is wider than the picture above of the Rotterdam.  The TP roll wall on this one is separate from the toilet wall also. That seems to make the big difference of the angle of the toilet vs shower door.  What ship/cabin is this picture from?

(Can't believe I'm spending my Saturday afternoon discussing toilet angles!!!  Ha!!)    😳

Edited by oakridger
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@Aquahoundyour picture does look a bit different than the couple of ones I just found on Halfacts.  Yours looks like the fixed portion is wider than the picture above of the Rotterdam.  What ship/cabin is this picture from?

That's from Koningsdam.

29 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@Aquahoundyour picture does look a bit different than the couple of ones I just found on Halfacts.  Yours looks like the fixed portion is wider than the picture above of the Rotterdam.  The TP roll wall on this one is separate from the toilet wall also. That seems to make the big difference of the angle of the toilet vs shower door.  What ship/cabin is this picture from?

(Can't believe I'm spending my Saturday afternoon discussing toilet angles!!!  Ha!!)    😳

25 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

That's from Koningsdam.

Sorry, I do not remember the cabin number, but I was in a standard balcony room.  

This is the first "head to head" comparison that I've seen.  I recall some postings that the knee problem had been alleviated on the Nieuw Statendam.  The change seems to be that the mounting wall has been moved to take the diagonal across what had been a corner, thus putting the toilet at more of a slant to the shower wall.  On the NS and the Rotterdam the knees are now more towards the swinging door, so keeping it open is a greater help than on the Koningsdam.