Venice (airport) to Ravenna transfer

kent4489

Hello, 

So sorry to start another thread about the transfers, but I'm stressing a little. So, we have a Pre-Cruise Airport to Pier Transfer voucher. It was in our documents and I have printed it out. We are flying in the day before and staying near the airport so I prefer an airport transfer as opposed to city center.

I have not had contact from Azamara about a time for the transfer. I just now called and spoke to Azamara. The agent told me the times were 11:00, 12:00 and 1:30. I mentioned that those were the same times as the transfers from city center and asked if this was correct. At first, she said yes, then said no, that it depends on our flight arrival time. I told her we were flying the day before. She said just be there on the day of the cruise at the same time as our flight arrival time the day before. 

She confirmed our flight time and date (the day before) and also confirmed that we are on the list for the airport transfer. Should I stop worrying and just show up and assume they will take us? I am not feeling confident. I also hate to get to the airport early, then wait hours to go. She indicated that they are taking people as they arrive, not a coach, but smaller vehicles. I've searched looking for info from someone who recently did the Venice airport to Ravenna pier transfer, but didn't find an answer.

Lastly, we booked our own air and did not pay for the transfer. It was included when I booked direct with Azamara and shows as a Pre cruise transfer on our invoice.

Thank you for any help on this.

Disclaimer:  I know nothing.  But if it was me, I would go to the airport as early as convenient and hope that since "they are taking people as they arrive, not a coach, but smaller vehicles," they would take me pretty quickly.  That would give me more time on the ship, or to explore Ravenna.  Worst case I would have to cool my heels in the airport until my 'flight time.'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kent4489 said:

Thanks Host. Yes, we’re going early and hope for the best. I would love to get to the ship early, board and start vacation! 🚤🩴🌴

FYI for the last two weeks boarding didn’t start until at least 2.00 pm. 

• Like 1

This must be a change because we too are flying in the day before and was told that we wouldn’t be able to catch the shuttle from the airport.  They said it was something to do with the meeting place is behind security.  The Azamara agent checked with supervisors since I was complaining.  We are taking a cab into Venice to meet at the bus.  Our name is on the manifest, but no vouchers.
This has been so stressful! 
Good luck getting to the ship! (Us too!)

Cheers

51 minutes ago, gwilli said:

This must be a change because we too are flying in the day before and was told that we wouldn’t be able to catch the shuttle from the airport.  They said it was something to do with the meeting place is behind security.  The Azamara agent checked with supervisors since I was complaining.  We are taking a cab into Venice to meet at the bus.  Our name is on the manifest, but no vouchers.

Cheers

Really?  They don't want people to collect their checked luggage before meeting?  Sounds odd...

2 hours ago, gwilli said:

Cheers

We booked late (like a couple of days after the change to Ravenna). Although we had already decided to go, I was busy and didn't get it booked, so we didn't get the FCC or whatever it is that others got that were already booked.

I booked direct with Azamara and the agent added in the transfer from the airport (at a charge of .01 each). It's listed on our invoice as a Pre-Cruise transfer. Are you sure you didn't get a voucher? It's in the cruise documents, the page right before the luggage tag. And it states to claim your luggage and meet the representative OUTSIDE the Customs Hall.

Anyway, I"m sure we'll all make it. I hope!  ;-0

Edited by kent4489

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Really?  They don't want people to collect their checked luggage before meeting?  Sounds odd...

You got it wrong.. They told  me that  if you’re staying in a hotel you won’t be able to get back through security to meet the shuttle.  I questioned it to the point that they spoke with  their supervisors. We are not staying in Venice, and it would be easier to meet at the airport.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kent4489 said:

We booked late (like a couple of days after the change to Ravenna). Although we had already decided to go, I was busy and didn't get it booked, so we didn't get the FCC or whatever it is that others got that were already booked.

I booked direct with Azamara and the agent added in the transfer from the airport (at a charge of .01 each). It's listed on our invoice as a Pre-Cruise transfer. Are you sure you didn't get a voucher? It's in the cruise documents, the page right before the luggage tag. And it states to claim your luggage and meet the representative OUTSIDE the Customs Hall.

Anyway, I"m sure we'll all make it. I hope!  ;-0

We were charged the penny each too… but no voucher for the Venice to Ravenna. We did get our pier to airport voucher for Istanbul. They checked and we are on the manifest so we should be good to go.  
Hope you can get to Customs Hall.  That may be the issue.  Good luck. (I checked to see if it doesn’t work out there is a train…)  

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We are on the same cruise as Gwilli and the communication I got from Azamara was if we have arrived in advance and were spending time in Venice, then we must get the bus from the Tronchetto in Venice. 

The bus departures from Marco Polo Airport are only for those arriving on Saturday 18th

• Like 1

Yikes, keeping fingers crossed. Obviously some mis-communication. I’m hoping for the best and will go to plan B if necessary! 😀
I confirmed that we are on the manifest for Venice airport departure.

Edited by kent4489

4 hours ago, gwilli said:

You got it wrong.. They told  me that  if you’re staying in a hotel you won’t be able to get back through security to meet the shuttle.  I questioned it to the point that they spoke with  their supervisors. We are not staying in Venice, and it would be easier to meet at the airport.  

So how are the Transfer reps getting through security?  I've always had to show an airline ticket.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So how are the Transfer reps getting through security?  I've always had to show an airline ticket.

That was my question to Azamara too! Just hope it all works out for everyone. I’ll let you know how it went for us. Until then…. 🤞

This was June 12, 2016 Venice Harbor.  We were on a ship that was blocked in by protesters.  We sat there for hours. It’s taken 6 years to close the harbor to ships.  We were expecting it.  That’s the way it goes!

image.thumb.jpeg.f13de714e4285407b6542c9949e8a7b1.jpeg

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

they were landslide on Saturday when I arrived. Collected bags, went through the doors to find the reps waiting with boards.

In Gran Canaria in December was surprised to see reps in the baggage hall waiting

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My voucher states to collect your luggage and meet rep OUTSIDE of Customs Hall. Isn't that outside of security? I just looked at the map for the airport and there is clearly one exit for arrivals after baggage. Last time we flew into Venice airport, I didn't think it was that large, so I'm hopeful I'm just worrying too much for nothing. My husband is telling me to relax and that it will all work out! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

The Azamara reps were waiting in the public arrival area at Venice airport along with private Limo drivers. They wait until they have a group of passengers and then walk you to the coach/ bus parking area. They use full size buses but didn’t wait until it was full.

Thank you for this information. Obviously when you call you get conflicting info. Nice to hear from someone that has actually witnessed the actual process!

I spoke to my TA  again today and asked for clarification.  He said the there would be a transfers from Venice centre, Venice Airport and Bologna Airport. We would meet the rep in the airport arrival hall. 

1 hour ago, kent4489 said:

Thank you for this information. Obviously when you call you get conflicting info. Nice to hear from someone that has actually witnessed the actual process!

Be prepared for a long walk from the Aircraft bridge to the Baggage Carousel and then another long walk from Arrivals area to the Coach park .

Im travelling on a cruise next April which was due to sail from Venice on the Saturday arriving in Ravenna on the Sunday. Now that Azamara are sailing from Ravenna on their first day do the wise Azamara regulars think Azamara will add in a new port or a sea day?