Question re Mariner Status

regnig

My question deals with the crediting of Mariner days? 

Situation – I am currently 2 days short of being a 4 Star Mariner. I am planning on doing a B2B2B for a total of 31 days next spring. Since it will have no bearing on the actual cruise cost I’m wondering if I book the 1st leg separately under one booking number and then leg 2 & 3 separately under another booking number will they give me 4 Star status when I check in for leg 2 & 3.  I’d really really like to have free unlimited laundry for those last 21 days.  Thanks in advance for your answers.

When we've done B2B cruises, we always got separate booking numbers for each segment. You'll likely get credits for each segment, (we did) but that might not get recognized on the ship. Best to make guest services aware of your transition to 4 stars. Congratulations and enjoy the free laundry!

Edited by TonyC1952
correction
  • Thanks 1

Think it depends on whether it is a true B2B or a Collection cruise (I think that is what they call it). I am signed up for a 28 day cruise next summer that is actually a series of B2B cruises but I have one booking number. In that case I don't think Mariner status would change. I am doing a short cruise this fall to get my 9 nights for 4Star.

• Like 1

Contact the Mariner Society in Seattle. Explain how you need 2 days to reach 4* status, which you will achieve with days alone on your next cruise. Let them know you will be continuing on (on the same ship, I presume? You didn't specify), and they should be able to make the arrangements for you to achieve your new status on the second portion of the back to back. 

You will likely need to confirm the arrangements once on board. 
I don't believe different booking numbers makes a difference, but you could ask when you're talking to the Mariner Society anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, regnig said:

My question deals with the crediting of Mariner days?  Situation – I am currently 2 days short of being a 4 Star Mariner. I am planning on doing a B2B2B for a total of 31 days next spring….

Agree with the advice to call the Mariner Society. I will try to find my notes, but I called about this before. I believe the policy is if you’re on a 21 day or longer cruise and within a couple of days of the next star, they will grant you the status for the sailing. But you need to contact them in advance.

Edited by syesmar
  • Thanks 1