FCV / TA Commission

LisaDee

We have FCVs from a cruise we cancelled under the RFG.  We’re looking at a sailing we’d like to book using the vouchers but I think I’d prefer to book directly with Viking this time, not through the TA we used for the original cruise.  The TA was fine, I’m just more comfortable working directly with the cruise line and not having a go-between.  It was especially challenging when booking airfare.  (I don’t want to open another TA vs no TA debate.)  Does anyone know whether our TA would have received their commission already on the cancelled cruise?  If so I won’t feel guilty booking directly with Viking using the vouchers, otherwise I’ll use the TA for the next cruise so they are compensated for the time they spent booking the original cruise.

Pretty much every other cruise line paid travel agents for both the cancelled cruise and the rebooked cruise (it takes/took time to book both of them). Viking is the only one of the major cruise lines that did not. 

• Like 1

LisaDee...

My two cents-

Book your next cruise directly with Viking.  And then transfer it over to your TA.  Then everyone, including yourself should be happy.  No painful "go between".  Your TA gets their commission and you get OBC.

Not sure where DrKoob  get his info.

If you cancelled a cruise, no cruise line will pay a TA.  TA's were paid when cruises were cancelled by the cruise lines due to Covid.