JUST SAVED OVER $3000 ON BOOKED CRUISE ON WEBSITE

rabin1

We have a balcony room on sapphire booked for Alaska cruisetour next june. Just booked it Thursday and sunday it was $224 a person cheaper. We had decided to add an additional night in the hotel in Vancouver before the cruise to called my agent. The lower price paid for the extra night and still got a $170 discount off the final payment. I will be watching it to see if there is any more drops... have a year to wait so maybe I'll get lucky again.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:08 AM, AZjohn said:

Thanks so much Rabin1 for your posts. Been keeping an eye on our cruise prices for October but haven't checked for a few days. Sure enough, they have dropped (not as much as yours but enough to contact TA to get re-fare).

This is why I still love Cruise Critic 🙂

Cheers,

John

So to follow up, my savings basically covered the cost of our EZair flights (way cool). 

Final payment was due in a week or so, so I just took care of that while I was talking with TA about reduction in price. So, all is done now, and I feel freedom that I don't need to spend any more time focusing on prices anymore (not saying I still couldn't save a few dollars off, I'm just satisfied at the price we are at now).

Sadly, the time has come I must start dealing with the Medallion app. Everyone please say a prayer for my sanity 🙂

Cheers

• Like 1

AZjohn, try not to stress over the medallion app.  Complete as much as you can;  if you get green lane that is awesome.  If you stay in blue lane,  leave it alone for a few weeks and log back in and see if you are green lane.  If you still stay blue lane; just bring all documentation to port and the reps will have you on the ship in no time.  Once onboard the app works well.  Cheers

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

AZjohn, try not to stress over the medallion app.  Complete as much as you can;  if you get green lane that is awesome.  If you stay in blue lane,  leave it alone for a few weeks and log back in and see if you are green lane.  If you still stay blue lane; just bring all documentation to port and the reps will have you on the ship in no time.  Once onboard the app works well.  Cheers

@AF-1is absolutely correct!  
Or, if you want, you could just do the website version of checkin on your cruise personalizer if the App doesn’t work.

No worries.

• Like 1

I am on the same cruise as OP.  I keep checking and the cruise is consistently $1500 more than we originally paid.  I am not getting any breaks this time (except for when I initially booked, I guess.)

3 minutes ago, rideev said:

I am on the same cruise as OP.  I keep checking and the cruise is consistently $1500 more than we originally paid.  I am not getting any breaks this time (except for when I initially booked, I guess.)

I just got the refund back on my cc today.................yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you didn't 

Kathy

On 6/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, sfoh said:

It seems that Princess has quietly extended its heavily discounted solo supplement through the end of the year for many cruises (including this one). 

I also saved a ton on my solo NYE cruise.  I booked in a deluxe balcony with Plus.  I could have booked solo in a club class mini with Premier and STILL saved money!  So thanks so much for the heads up!

All of these sudden and amazing price drops. I'm guessing that's why the cruises I've been looking at are suddenly " unavailable". Someone is likely having to check all of the pricing. Princess likely didn't intend these price drops.

Sounds like the gas station in the news recently. The manager messed up when setting the pump prices and Premium gas which was supposed to sell for $6.69 per gallon was selling for $0.69 per gallon. The manager said he messed up (admitted it was his error) and the station fired him. People were lining up with pickups that had large plastic tanks in the bed and filling them up. The station said he cost them $16,000.00 in lost revenue for the under priced gasoline.