Can someone explain

SquishyMarie

9 minutes ago, SquishyMarie said:

My brother GF wants to cruise and she found an exemption. They sent me this and I'm sorry but I'm not understanding. Have anyone received this and was able to sail? Or had to wait for further notice 

E0F23BD4-062D-41F7-913D-F479AE21BCA2.png

I do not mean this in a snarkey way, but read the heading.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

The heading yes I read it but like other things , sometimes certain things aren't clear. So while this may say one thing it can mean another. In my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dadofsix said:

Pretty sure it is wait for further information. The letter says an exemption has been applied for but not not that the exemption has been approved.

Which is true , just wanted to see if anyone else ever received this and was able to board without ever getting any other information. It's a waiting game for him. 

11 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I didn't take it any kind of way. Carnival is all over the place with some things and I just wanted to see if someone ever got this and no other information and was able to cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, SquishyMarie said:

Thanks, well he's going to have to wait. Until they figure it out 

You are aware that they're only allowed off the ship either on private islands, or with the purchase of a tour, and must submit to testing during the cruise that they have to pay for out of pocket? Some stops aren't letting unvaccinated people off at all. Lots of restrictions for unvaccinated people even if they get an exception. https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

Carnival just changed their policy (yesterday or today) to eliminate the requirement for a doctor's note in order to sail with an exemption. So they are likely sending these notices out to everyone who has applied for an exemption, BUT you still have to get the exemption in the first place. 

In other words, NO, this letter does not grant an exemption. Your brother's GF will still need to be granted an exemption by Carnival in order to sail. 

57 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Carnival just changed their policy (yesterday or today) to eliminate the requirement for a doctor's note in order to sail with an exemption. So they are likely sending these notices out to everyone who has applied for an exemption, BUT you still have to get the exemption in the first place. 

In other words, NO, this letter does not grant an exemption. Your brother's GF will still need to be granted an exemption by Carnival in order to sail. 

Ohhhhhh , I see. Now it makes all the sense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

You are aware that they're only allowed off the ship either on private islands, or with the purchase of a tour, and must submit to testing during the cruise that they have to pay for out of pocket? Some stops aren't letting unvaccinated people off at all. Lots of restrictions for unvaccinated people even if they get an exception. https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

That's between him and his GF. Myself , my husband , and my brother are all vaccinated. Idk why she even want to cruise with the restrictions 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Haven’t followed the protocols but did you previously need a doctor’s note to board after receiving an exemption? I would have thought exemption granted would have been the end of it.

Yes, previously you needed a doctor's note and an exemption.

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

Haven’t followed the protocols but did you previously need a doctor’s note to board after receiving an exemption? I would have thought exemption granted would have been the end of it.

I think they had switched it to, if you want an exemption you need a letter from a doctor stating that you can't be vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I think they had switched it to if you want an exemption you need a letter from a doctor stating that you can't be vaccinated. 

now it's you don't need a doctors note you're just exempt 

On 6/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, SquishyMarie said:

That's between him and his GF. Myself , my husband , and my brother are all vaccinated. Idk why she even want to cruise with the restrictions 

Maybe he could just replace the GF with one that is already vaccinated 🤔

• Like 1