How much time is there before leaving each port?

Superflyisme

We are booked on the Encore for an Alaskan cruise and I was looking at the timetable and thought I read return to the ship 2 hours prior of departure?  If this is the case some ports only allow 4-6 hours but yet, the suggested excursions range from 1 1/2-6 1/2 hours.  Is everything going to feel rushed on these shorter stops?

19 minutes ago, shof515 said:

2 hours only apply to the embarkation point

at the regular port of call stops in Alaska, all on board time is always 30-60 minutes prior to sail away 

Thank you!  I swear figuring out excursions and studying the itinerary is more difficult then booking the cruise.

1 hour ago, Superflyisme said:

We are booked on the Encore for an Alaskan cruise and I was looking at the timetable and thought I read return to the ship 2 hours prior of departure?  If this is the case some ports only allow 4-6 hours but yet, the suggested excursions range from 1 1/2-6 1/2 hours.  Is everything going to feel rushed on these shorter stops?

All Aboard will be 30 minutes before the published departure time. That is the latest you can board. At the published departure time, the ship will be leaving the dock with no way for you to board. Plan accordingly, or plan to pay for a private helicopter to get you to your next port. 

Also consider that, in general, NCL does not dock "in town". And you need to allow time to get to the NCL dock. A few weeks back, a passenger on the Bliss almost missed or missed the Bliss' departure from Icy Strait. She was still on top of the mountain at departure time. 

And, when you are disembarking at a port of call, there will be a sign at the gangway stating the all-aboard time for passengers (and an earlier time for crew).  Make that your final double-check that you know the correct, latest time to be back. 

• Like 2