Booking new cruise onboard

bobmcm

As I recall, we paid a lower deposit, could pick our cabin (I asked to look at several cabins before we made the decision, since it was our 1st RSSC cruise), and received an onboard savings of $250/each for the future cruise we booked.  (There were only 2 of us, so not sure if there were more people, if the savings would still be $250 each.)  We booked the Grandeur and when I was talking with friends and looking to see if they could join us on the cruise, everything was waitlisted, so guess we were able to book early on!

For me the biggest advantage is the small deposit, $500 pp the last time we did it compared to the 15% or so % which could result in tying up a few thousand for a period of time.  You can also transfer the booking to another cruise 1 time and still preserve the discount. 

• Like 2

Smaller deposit and OBC are main advantages.  If you don’t know what cruise you want to take, you can purchase a future cruise certificate which has to be redeemed within a year (the cruise can be anytime in the future though, just booked within a year).  That is like money in the bank.  $2000 and that is the entire deposit for the future cruise.  That is what we always do if we don’t have a specific cruise chosen.  And it is fully refundable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
On 6/18/2022 at 11:35 PM, RachelG said:

Smaller deposit and OBC are main advantages.  If you don’t know what cruise you want to take, you can purchase a future cruise certificate which has to be redeemed within a year (the cruise can be anytime in the future though, just booked within a year).  That is like money in the bank.  $2000 and that is the entire deposit for the future cruise.  That is what we always do if we don’t have a specific cruise chosen.  And it is fully refundable.

Do you get any other benefits with the FCC vs booking an actual cruise where you get OBC and the onboard savings on the future cruise TBD?

On 12/30/2022 at 6:57 AM, Lonedaddy said:

Do you get any other benefits with the FCC

For the FCC certificate, you also get the Onboard Booking Savings and $200 OBC. You have a year to decide on a cruise, which will generally get you the next release of cruises. You have one year to use the credit or get a full refund. And you can rebook the cruise one time (which can take you quite a ways out on the calendar).

From my FC Certificate:

854500824_futurecruisecreditsml.thumb.jpg.ac73abeaf8c0428a3e4a55df4d678295.jpg

The accompanying letter included the $200 OBC. If you know you'll be sailing Regent again, it's as RachelG says: money in the bank.

• Like 1