Port departure time change

We are 30 days out from our cruise.  When we booked, we were supposed to be in St. Croix from 7a - 2p.  I booked a private excursion that ends at 12:30, and had transportation arranged to get us back to the ship.  Found out today (because of our roll call) that RCI changed the departure time to 1p.  Would it be unusual for RCI to change the departure time back to 2p?  I figure I'd give it a week or two and if there's no change, cancel our excursion (refund up to 48 hours before).

Should I hold out hope? 

21 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

We are 30 days out from our cruise.  When we booked, we were supposed to be in St. Croix from 7a - 2p.  I booked a private excursion that ends at 12:30, and had transportation arranged to get us back to the ship.  Found out today (because of our roll call) that RCI changed the departure time to 1p.  Would it be unusual for RCI to change the departure time back to 2p?  I figure I'd give it a week or two and if there's no change, cancel our excursion (refund up to 48 hours before).

Should I hold out hope? 

Not unusual to make changes.  Will it change back?  Possibly.  Changes are usually made because of different reasons.  Could be pier/port requirements. It happens.  Royal isn't responsible for your private excursion.  Have you talked to your excursion provider?  They usually work around ship's schedules.

Edited by BND

26 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Should I hold out hope? 

There have been literally hundreds of changes and adjustments to port times over the last 6 months that I have sent to clients.  I have yet to see one sent out then changed back. 

48 minutes ago, BND said:

Not unusual to make changes.  Will it change back?  Possibly.  Changes are usually made because of different reasons.  Could be pier/port requirements. It happens.  Royal isn't responsible for your private excursion.  Have you talked to your excursion provider?  They usually work around ship's schedules.

Never said or hinted that Royal is responsible for our excursion.  And I understand changes happen for multiple reasons.  Don't think I asked about that either.

Simply wanted to know if there was a good chance of it being switched back.  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There have been literally hundreds of changes and adjustments to port times over the last 6 months that I have sent to clients.  I have yet to see one sent out then changed back. 

Thanks.  Kind of what I thought.

9 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Never said or hinted that Royal is responsible for our excursion.  And I understand changes happen for multiple reasons.  Don't think I asked about that either.

Simply wanted to know if there was a good chance of it being switched back.  

I said possibly.   You brought up the excursion.

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

What Edocs?  I only see the SetSail Pass & Luggage Tags.

Go to Manage My Cruise. Should be able to View Boarding Pass or Edit Check In.   Then click on the arrow that says View More Details and there are your EDocs.

• Like 1