Iona Diamond Earring in Safe 5602

RW75

Found diamond earring in safe in 5602, assumably left from sailing departing Southampton 
04JUN22. 

Guest Services were less than interested, if this belongs to someone on here, it was handed in. 

looked like the sort of earring that the owner would not be happy having lost. 

• Like 3

Hope it finds its way back to its owner.left my iPad on Iona (23rd April cruise) in our cabin as I never took it out,rang p&o and the reply was It had not been handed in….so the cabin attendant has kept it and I’m absolutely fuming ,I gave them the cabin number for them to confront him but no it’s gone…PS AIG who I had the insurance with were absolutely horrendous I just can’t tell you how poor they were

9 minutes ago, keithhutch said:

Hope it finds its way back to its owner.left my iPad on Iona (23rd April cruise) in our cabin as I never took it out,rang p&o and the reply was It had not been handed in….so the cabin attendant has kept it and I’m absolutely fuming ,I gave them the cabin number for them to confront him but no it’s gone…PS AIG who I had the insurance with were absolutely horrendous I just can’t tell you how poor they were

Sorry to hear that. Is it possible that the cabin attendant hadn’t actually seen it? They might just have opened the safe quickly and assumed it was empty as it’s sometimes difficult to see flat objects. It therefore could have been the next passengers! 

• Like 1

Hi, no I had left it stood up against the table at the side of the bed,so when he was changing the bed it would of been impossible to miss…I’m so disappointed that it was not returned but I’ve heard p&o have a poor record of returning lost property.!

17 hours ago, RW75 said:

Found diamond earring in safe in 5602, assumably left from sailing departing Southampton 
04JUN22. 

Guest Services were less than interested, if this belongs to someone on here, it was handed in. 

looked like the sort of earring that the owner would not be happy having lost. 

Do you have a Twitter account?

I think there’d be a much better chance of finding the owner on there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithhutch said:

Hi, no I had left it stood up against the table at the side of the bed,so when he was changing the bed it would of been impossible to miss…I’m so disappointed that it was not returned but I’ve heard p&o have a poor record of returning lost property.!

Sorry I thought it was in the safe as you said you hadn’t taken it out. I thought you meant out of the safe! 

You should try again re your iPad. Crew regularly hand stuff in, but they don’t hand it directly to reception. Lost property gets passed up the chain therefore, if handed in on turnaround day, it takes ages to be logged by reception.

• Like 2

I lost a pair of prescription sunglasses on Azura on the first day of  TA a few years ago. Went to reception every day. I was gutted. Couldn't understand why they hadn't been handed in as they would be no use to anyone else. Never thought to try after the cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Lost property is offloaded at the end of each cruise. So it could have been offloaded with the following weeks property.

Where does it go to and how long do they keep it for? So would anyone who has lost something contact P&O at Southampton? I haven't but it sounds like other people have.

It took p&o a while to actually respond,she said it was because they were waiting for the  cruise after mine to return to Southampton .I suppose it sort of makes sense as turnaround day is very busy.good idea to ask again to see if it has been handed in.

In February 2019 my mobile phone somehow fell out of my pocket in the disembarkation lounge on Oceana in Dubai.

By the time I noticed we were on the plane home.

I contacted P&O via email and they confirmed a mobile hand been handed in and it would be offloaded back to Southampton.

It took a while, fair enough, as the ship was doing round trips in the Gulf, before relocating to doing Med cruises out of Malta, but the phone made it back to Southampton.

I was able to provide proof that it was mine and I picked it up from Carnival House prior to boarding a cruise that summer.

I can't fault them at all.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, niltava42 said:

In February 2019 my mobile phone somehow fell out of my pocket in the disembarkation lounge on Oceana in Dubai.

By the time I noticed we were on the plane home.

I contacted P&O via email and they confirmed a mobile hand been handed in and it would be offloaded back to Southampton.

It took a while, fair enough, as the ship was doing round trips in the Gulf, before relocating to doing Med cruises out of Malta, but the phone made it back to Southampton.

I was able to provide proof that it was mine and I picked it up from Carnival House prior to boarding a cruise that summer.

I can't fault them at all.   

Reminds me of the last time we did a transatlantic re-positioning cruise.  We were among the last people to leave the waiting area at the gate for the plane at LGW.  I noticed a wallet on of the empty seats, so handed it in to the staff at the gate.

Once on the plane whilst waiting to take off, there was an announcement for someone to identify themselves to the cabin crew.  Presumably the wallet then got back to its owner.

Twitter is a good suggestion, never even thought of that. 

I have inadvertently left things on aircraft and ships more times than I care to admit. 

Usually always reunited fortunately.  The only time I wasn’t was a very expensive jacket left in a Sydney hotel which was offered to be returned by Fed Ex at a substantial cost.  As I was travelling to Sydney a few weeks later I asked for it to kept for collection.  On arrival five weeks later I was told it was kept for thirty days then ‘disposed of’.  

I never stayed at that property again.