What would you do?

tonit964

16 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I would take an inside cabin that is Aft on Aloha deck about three cabins from the door to the pool, bar, and buffet.  I think that is the perfect location.  Picture showing the door that I am talking about.  

F5987A5B-9E9B-45C9-B920-0936B2D952A8.jpeg

Just don't go more than 3 doors. The rest of those cabins have the wall hung 3rd & 4th bunks...or as I lovingly call them "head bangers".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just don't go more than 3 doors. The rest of those cabins have the wall hung 3rd & 4th bunks...or as I lovingly call them "head bangers".

Thanks! I took the second cabin from the outside door. This really is a great location and alternative to a balcony.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I would take an inside cabin that is Aft on Aloha deck about three cabins from the door to the pool, bar, and buffet.  I think that is the perfect location.  Picture showing the door that I am talking about.  

F5987A5B-9E9B-45C9-B920-0936B2D952A8.jpeg

Thank you for the picture!

On 6/20/2022 at 7:07 PM, tonit964 said:

I keep going back and forth on each one but probably my biggest concern is if I get sick, it would be so much nicer to have the balcony but then again, I don't know if they would move me to a quarantine area even though I'm solo.

If you contract Covid they will move you to a reserved Balcony cabin. You are no longer trapped in an inside when in quarantine.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you contract Covid they will move you to a reserved Balcony cabin. You are no longer trapped in an inside when in quarantine.

Not the way I want to get a free upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Take the inside cabin. If you catch the virus you will get the outside cabin for free.😳😁

We stayed in a sideways cabin and my wife loved it. She gets sick going out on the balcony and never looks down over the side. To this day she never went out on the skywalk. 
Margie’s vote is for the inside cabin. 😁

Tony

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:42 PM, tonit964 said:

Thanks! I took the second cabin from the outside door. This really is a great location and alternative to a balcony.

On emerald the first cabin has the steward store next to it, the first 2 have the doors together the 3 cabin door is in effect 2 cabins further in.

This is the pic from the doors to the insides(left) balcony (right) ahead on the right at the corner is another balcony and to the right of the door to outside two OV cabins.

IMG_20220614_184557.thumb.jpg.e54e75b84c095c0f93959420d2cca51d.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

OP what did you decide?  

I posted the update on post #30. I booked the inside cabin A736.

I was in this location on the Emerald 15 day Hawaii back in 2019 and absolutely loved the location.

Thank you to everyone for their help and advice!

Edited by tonit964
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I posted the update on post #30. I booked the inside cabin A736.

I was in this location on the Emerald 15 day Hawaii back in 2019 and absolutely loved the location.

Thank you to everyone for their help and advice!

I totally missed that. As you can tell by my photo, I absolutely love that location. We have had cabins in that location at least three or four times.

• Like 1

Hmmm... I think I'm going to discuss this location as an alternative to a balcony. I'm unsure if we would be happy doing 32 days in an inside cabin. Perhaps if they put back the 16 day cruise we were considering (which is suddenly unavailable) we might do well to check out a cabin in this location. It would obviously be less expensive than a Caribe balcony.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... I think I'm going to discuss this location as an alternative to a balcony. I'm unsure if we would be happy doing 32 days in an inside cabin. Perhaps if they put back the 16 day cruise we were considering (which is suddenly unavailable) we might do well to check out a cabin in this location. It would obviously be less expensive than a Caribe balcony.

The location to the pool, loungers, bar and food makes it so appealing. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to be out the door and up the few steps to the aft area. 

I would always want to choose a balcony over an inside but for my sailing, it's just about $500 more, so this is a great alternative!