Just received email about Negative Covid Test

dawcruiser

2 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

The meal says June 22, 2022 negative covid test not required.  Anyone else get this.  Does this mean I don't need tol get tested 2 days before cruise.

You need to read the email more clearly .

• Like 2

I just received my notice from NCL for my August, 2024 Joy cruise,  about not being  tested to get back in nothing was said about being tested leaving.  Since I am not sailing for 2 years I am sure there will be changes in what tests and when

1 hour ago, Debde said:

I certainly hope not. The pre-cruise testing is doing its job, keeping active covid passengers from boarding the ships. Even if the CDC reduces the requirements, let's hope that NCL continues to require testing for a while. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I give a couple of cruise lines credit.  Namely, Celebrity and NCL.  From the get go, and a year ago, they stated in no unequivocal manner, they were requiring either ALL guests to be tested and vaccinated (NCL, who has been unwavering until recently regarding to vaccinations for children being optional), or all Adult guests needed to be tested and fully vaccinated.

Neither changed for changes sake, depending on which way the wind was blowing.  They were steadfast in sticking with their protocols.  

Some of the others tried to sail based on separating guests based on vaccination status, then they said they were implementing vaccination requirements, all the while people trying to get exemptions based on some alledged religious, health, or “personal beliefs”.  That didn’t work out well at all.

Those cruise lines finally adapted the protocols that NCL and Celebrity initiated, and continue to support.

Soon, it will be over a year since the testing protocols have been in place.  Since then 70%-95+% (depending on age category) have been vaccinated.  Testing today isn’t as critical as it was a year ago, as a result.

I think the cruise lines are closer to lifting the testing requirements than they were even just 3 short months ago.  I can see them lifting the testing sooner (say within the next 30-60-90 days) than later.  Non-vaccinated cruisers?  Maybe they will be the only ones who have to be tested.  Or maybe, given the blessing to vaccinate children, COVID vaccines will be a permanent protocol to sail.

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I certainly hope not. The pre-cruise testing is doing its job, keeping active covid passengers from boarding the ships. Even if the CDC reduces the requirements, let's hope that NCL continues to require testing for a while. 

How so?  As I said on another thread on this topic I could test negative three days prior to my cruise next month then go door-to-door asking everyone in my neighborhood to sneeze in my face, hang around crowded bars, and go to packed sporting events for the next two days.  Then I'll spend time in two crowded airports around people who may be unvaxxed and not masked and board two crowded flights with people who may be unvaxxed and not masked.  I'll show up at the pier checking in with my negative test which signifies absolutely nothing except that three days prior I was good to go.

It's all theater, folks, a performance put on for the sake of the CDC.  As soon as the CDC changes their guidelines I'm guessing that the cruise lines will drop the requirement like a hot potato.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Soon, it will be over a year since the testing protocols have been in place.  Since then 70%-95+% (depending on age category) have been vaccinated.  Testing today isn’t as critical as it was a year ago, as a result.

I think the cruise lines are closer to lifting the testing requirements than they were even just 3 short months ago.  I can see them lifting the testing sooner (say within the next 30-60-90 days) than later.  Non-vaccinated cruisers?  Maybe they will be the only ones who have to be tested.  Or maybe, given the blessing to vaccinate children, COVID vaccines will be a permanent protocol to sail.

THIS!!

Like I've said on a previous thread, I'm vaxed and boosted and feel safer around people that are vaccinated, not those tested. Again, just my personal comfort level.

To repeat myself-the level of planning and money spent and the risk of feeling fine but testing positive is a risk I am not willing to stress over 2 days before my anticipated vacation.

Hopefully I'll cruise again and testing is lifted.

• Like 4

Keep the vaccination requirement but lose the testing of hundreds of thousands of healthy people and the cost and inconvenience associated with it to go on vacation. I'm boosted and had covid about a month ago .... it was a joke. A stuffy nose is all I had. I don't care if I risk catching this weak bug again even if it means crusing without pre testing. This is all nonsense now...... The people that are vaccinated and boosted and are still scared to death still should stop cruising and go on any other form of vacation where this testing silliness isn't required to do so.

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It may be keeping "active" covid passengers off the ship, however it's not keeping COVID off the ships. There is more COVID on ships these days than there was when I cruised earler this year.. I believe 82 cruise ships are in the CDC's orange status. IMHO the testing gives a false since of securty.

• Like 3

NCL requires COVID vaccinations. which by this time for most of us has been over a year and a half, from the initial availability in 2021.  Boosters not required for US sailings to my knowledge.  So thinking our protection time has "expired".  We were first in line for being vaxed and boosted.  But  really dont think the vax requirement is effective at his point in time.  Unless boosters are required,.  testing negative before a cruise I think is a lot of hassle, yes I know, others do everything online, but waiting for getting back to sailing without covid restircitons.  We sailed in Janaury on the Bliss from San Pedro, testing was done By NCL, went smoothly and sure enjoyed that cruise.