Port Canaveral transportation to Kennedy Space Center

jjjct

We are making a port stop at Port Canaveral and would like to visit Kennedy Space Center. Would prefer not to do the ships excursion since it limits our time at Kennedy. Any suggestions as to how to get there?

We've done the ship excursion (a couple of years ago) and would highly recommend you reconsider.

We were just at KSC in April pre-cruise but we had a car rental....you can try Uber but transportation from the port out to KSC and back might be a concern.

14 hours ago, jjjct said:

We are making a port stop at Port Canaveral and would like to visit Kennedy Space Center. Would prefer not to do the ships excursion since it limits our time at Kennedy. Any suggestions as to how to get there?

When exactly does your ship arrive in PC? I investigated this not long ago for a now-cancelled trip, and our ship didn't arrive until 1PM. With transit times, etc, it would have only allowed a few hours at the KSC, not a lot of time for such an impressive place IMHO.

56 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

When exactly does your ship arrive in PC? I investigated this not long ago for a now-cancelled trip, and our ship didn't arrive until 1PM. With transit times, etc, it would have only allowed a few hours at the KSC, not a lot of time for such an impressive place IMHO.

We arrive at 7 AM and depart at 7PM. NCL offers a 5 hour tour for $100 each, leaves at 8:30. Figuring in the 30 minute drive each way, this tour only gives us 4 hours at the Space Center. I can get senior tickets for $50 per person (adult charge is $55) for my husband and I, so NCL is charging us $100 for transportation. Was wondering if we can get Uber or Lift cheaper and thus would give us more time to tour on our own. 

3 hours ago, jjjct said:

We arrive at 7 AM and depart at 7PM. NCL offers a 5 hour tour for $100 each, leaves at 8:30. Figuring in the 30 minute drive each way, this tour only gives us 4 hours at the Space Center. I can get senior tickets for $50 per person (adult charge is $55) for my husband and I, so NCL is charging us $100 for transportation. Was wondering if we can get Uber or Lift cheaper and thus would give us more time to tour on our own. 

Our ship tour provided a guide that stayed with us, not just transportation. Her history commentary and timing of all the exhibits was just wonderful personal service.

SOMETIMES the extra cost of the 'tour' is partly made up by the tour group getting priority access to attractions that would otherwise have a long wait . . . .

an uberX will run in the neighborhood of $35 - $40 <for the return it may take a while for the ride to get there as KSC is kinda in the sticks so plan accordingly.> {I just ran the numbers but remember uber prices are 'dynamic'}

2 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

SOMETIMES the extra cost of the 'tour' is partly made up by the tour group getting priority access to attractions that would otherwise have a long wait . . . .

an uberX will run in the neighborhood of $35 - $40 <for the return it may take a while for the ride to get there as KSC is kinda in the sticks so plan accordingly.> {I just ran the numbers but remember uber prices are 'dynamic'}

Yes...our ship excursion included priority...what a difference that made. And our guide was a long time local resident that knew so much history about the KSC and the area in general. Her commentary was just amazing not only at KSC but on the bus there and back.

6 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Thank you!  After figuring the cost of Uber, the ships excursion in the long run is better for us. 

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes...our ship excursion included priority...what a difference that made. And our guide was a long time local resident that knew so much history about the KSC and the area in general. Her commentary was just amazing not only at KSC but on the bus there and back.

Thank you Ashland, we decided to do the ship tour do to your great advice.

4 hours ago, jjjct said:

You are so very welcome....Come back with your experience...Hope you enjoy it !!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, jjjct said:

JJJCT: We are booking the Anthem OTS which stops at PC from 12PM - 8PM. We don't have our confirmation number yet so we can't see the excursions from RCI. I am looking forward to your information once you get back and have a chance to reply.

6 hours ago, mpdahmer said:

JJJCT: We are booking the Anthem OTS which stops at PC from 12PM - 8PM. We don't have our confirmation number yet so we can't see the excursions from RCI. I am looking forward to your information once you get back and have a chance to reply.

Actually, we are doing NCL Joy out of NYC. We are in port early 7AM to 7PM, that is why I was interested in doing the excursion on our own to give us more time at the space center, but decided to go with the ship excursion for ease.

1 hour ago, jjjct said:

Actually, we are doing NCL Joy out of NYC. We are in port early 7AM to 7PM, that is why I was interested in doing the excursion on our own to give us more time at the space center, but decided to go with the ship excursion for ease.

Being that the KSC closes at 5 when we are there this prepackaged won't be an option for us. 

1 hour ago, mikepmcm said:

Not sure where you get your Senior ticket prices but the current Sr Price is $70

image.png.b36ea589770a8dcac815322dbe6e1327.png

Wow...We paid $55.00 pp online for our one day tickets end of April and kids were $45.00. I guess prices can vary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

On 6/23/2022 at 10:30 AM, Ashland said:

Our ship tour provided a guide that stayed with us, not just transportation. Her history commentary and timing of all the exhibits was just wonderful personal service.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:01 PM, Ashland said:

Thanks for this information! We are looking at a NCL post cruise Kennedy Space Tour excursion and trying to decide if we should do the NCL tour or rent a car and drive ourselves since we could stay longer. We are staying overnight at MCO. I was just looking for information if the cruise ship tours include more than just a drop off and tour on your own. Having commentary and a tour guide walk you around would be great. What cruise line were you on?