Denied boarding due to My travel partner's passport expires 5 months

tourist2017

Did you book through a Holland America Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC) or a travel agent?  I would be getting them involved.  You should be able to find your PCC contact within one of the emails if you booked through HAL.

You could also try contacting the Mariner Society and see if they can offer any assistance:

Mariner_Society@hollandamerica.com

800-547-9139

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, cruisings8z said:

I have never understood the 6 month rule. Why have an expiry date if it isn't the date it expires?

Some countries don't want visitors to get stuck with an expired passport that might prevent leaving the country. Especially a problem in small countries that may not have consular services from even large countries. Six months is typically beyond the maximum stay permitted visitors.

1 hour ago, cruisings8z said:

I have never understood the 6 month rule. Why have an expiry date if it isn't the date it expires?

The passport's expiry date is set by the country issuing it, while the 6 (or 3) month rule is established by the country you are visiting. In some cases, the passport need only be valid for the duration of the intended visit, depending on agreements between the country issuing the passport and the country to be visited. For example, the US has waived the 6 month rule for visitors travelling on a Canadian passport.

The pending charge $559 by zuiderdam disappeared from my credit card.  This is a good news. 

until now, no response after I sent email to guestrelations@hollandamerica.com 2 times. Also no call from 877 service line

I just forward my email to 

Mariner_Society@hollandamerica.com

Mariner society has a auto reply email to me. It said “ Thank you for contacting Holland America Line. We have received your inquiry and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to deliver the highest quality service to you. Due to the large volume of emails we are receiving, it may take us longer than usual to respond. We are working hard to make sure every request is handled accurately and efficiently.”