B2B: pros & cons of 1 booking or 2?

QuattroRomeo

We haven't ever done a B2B, so I'm wondering about the best way to book. We're considering the Jewel next January: San Diego to Colon, then Colon to Panama City.

Am I correct in thinking that if you book a guarantee, or decide to take an upgrade or bid successfully etc that one booking is the only one way to keep the same cabin? Any other considerations? We are Platinum, if that makes any difference. Thanks for any tips!

You will find at least three people who will say NEVER book two B2B cruises with ONE booking number.

We had it done to us for cruises on the Spirit in March/April and it was a shambles throughout.   We appeared on the NCL spreadsheets for the first cruise but NOT on the second.   We were on board the first cruise when the second was cancelled.

It took 5 months to sort out all the refunds and FCCs as there were different ones for each cruise based on the FARE PAID for each cruise.   As we had a single booking with a combined price no one was willing/able to break that cost into the two cruises to provide the right refunds/FCCs for each cruise.

I thought that NCL no longer booked two different cruises as one UNLESS they offer two 7 day cruises and also the same as a 14 day cruise.   Do not allow anyone to join them together as one except in this situation.

I agree with the previous poster that NCL doesn't book one cruise for a B2B.  We deal with the same NCL rep & he worked with us to get us in the same cabin.  But it was still two separate cruises.  If you can keep the same room it will avoid having to pack everything up between cruises.

But however it ends up....happy sailing! 

5 minutes ago, Samstress said:

I agree with the previous poster that NCL doesn't book one cruise for a B2B.

We're on our first B2B next winter, booked as two cruises. NCL did not even have the option of booking as one cruise.   

we booked b2b cruises a few years back leaving and arriving  from venice (this was when  ships could still dock in venice) we booked as 2 separate cruises, but booked them both at the same time so we were able to stay in the same cabin for both itineraries

Thank you everyone! Now that we are both retired and can actually contemplate B2Bs, there are different "problems" to navigate... nice problem to have though! If nothing else, we can make the most of our airfare with longer cruises! 😁

Edited by QuattroRomeo
typo