Just back from first Regent cruise - SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER

eroller

33 minutes ago, eroller said:

I’m glad you enjoyed the photos!  Yes they were all taken with my iPhone 13 pro.  I used to use a professional camera but this phone has such great lenses I don’t bother anymore.  

I don’t manually override settings except for wide angle and zoom photos, and I don’t make any adjustments to photos after I take them except for some cropping in some cases.  

I do spend a bit of time taking each photo.  Getting the best light and angle.  I don’t just quickly stop and snap.  Photography is a hobby of mine and I enjoy getting a good shot.  It’s time consuming but it really gives me a chance to explore all the ships I sail on in much more detail, and even see areas that I probably would not have otherwise.  

29 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

I brought my Nikon with me but dragging it on shore excursions was a pain so I basically left it in the room most of the time.  The iPhone make it much simpler and less baggage to take.   Now I will bring my SeaLife dive camera when I go in January to Australia and Bali!

I'm still old-school, I guess.  I bring my Nikon with me but I do find that it comes on fewer and fewer excursions with me...I usually bring it with me on more scenic ports and places where having a choice of lenses might help...but I do find that I take more and more photos with my iPhone 11 Pro Max and frankly, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference!

• Like 1

Thank you eroller.

The pics of 860 are especially meaningful since that is our cabin on our next two Regent cruises. October 2023 to Japan and January 2024 Sydney to Singapore.

Just happened to get assigned same cabin both times.  We always request this deck because we like to use the stairs, and deck 8 is centrally located

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami74 said:

Thank you eroller.

The pics of 860 are especially meaningful since that is our cabin on our next two Regent cruises. October 2023 to Japan and January 2024 Sydney to Singapore.

Just happened to get assigned same cabin both times.  We always request this deck because we like to use the stairs, and deck 8 is centrally located

We loved this cabin.  It’s close to the stairs but not too close.  Also it’s next to a firewall so extra quiet, and you don’t share your doorway with another cabin.  Normally the doors are in groups of two but this one is all alone. Very nice.  You will be happy.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you eroller!

The photo link you posted was such a pleasure to scroll through.  I saved the link to share with my husband tonight!   I’m sure it took work to post all of this, but as a first time Regent cruiser myself (sailing a TA in November), it was invaluable.   

I chuckled at one of your photo posts where the popcorn sundae was 4x larger than the lobster tail next to it.  Touché! 

On 8/6/2022 at 12:26 PM, VegasTW said:

Thank you eroller!

The photo link you posted was such a pleasure to scroll through.  I saved the link to share with my husband tonight!   I’m sure it took work to post all of this, but as a first time Regent cruiser myself (sailing a TA in November), it was invaluable.   

I chuckled at one of your photo posts where the popcorn sundae was 4x larger than the lobster tail next to it.  Touché! 

This is great to hear!  Thank you for your appreciation and enjoy your first Regent cruise.  I'm jealous it's a TA.  My favorite.  No ports (or few ports)!!   Bon Voyage!