Just back from first Regent cruise - SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER

eroller

1 hour ago, mcloaked said:

The ship and the food look fabulous. Can you tell me how much, if any ballroom dancing, is possible on the Regent voyages, and if so how much time each evening couples have the opportunity to dance ballroom and Latin, and whether the dance floors are small or allow room to dance.  Thanks for any replies.

Although I"m not a ballroom dancer, I sail on Cunard a lot where ballroom dancing is very popular.  They have the big bands and the grand ballrooms.  That is not this ship.  There were beautiful lounges and bars, but no grand ballrooms.  The two largest dance floors onboard would be the Meridian Lounge and the Observation Lounge.  Some nights there was Big Band Swing in the Meridian Lounge.  I've attached a couple pics of the lounge and dance floor for reference.  

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

On 7/3/2022 at 9:22 PM, ronrick1943 said:

Nice photos, looks like you had a great cruise.  Thanks so much for taking the time, I’ve enjoyed your trip……

Thank you.  Glad you enjoyed the pics. More on the way.  It was a great trip but we were reminded why we don’t do the Med in summer.  Too hot and crowded.  Couldn’t help it this time, but next time back to late September or October.  

The pictures here show the Explorer in a far better light than I have seen before, and if I wanted things toned down a bit, I think I understand decor of the  Splendor better than before..just a couple of questions. What was the guest count on your cruise? Any noticeable shortage of service staff? Any lack of supplies, such as wines, liquor, and food items? . 

14 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

The pictures here show the Explorer in a far better light than I have seen before, and if I wanted things toned down a bit, I think I understand decor of the  Splendor better than before..just a couple of questions. What was the guest count on your cruise? Any noticeable shortage of service staff? Any lack of supplies, such as wines, liquor, and food items? . 

Funny enough I was a fairly vocal critic of this ship when she was first introduced.  I thought she was over the top and the Regent marketing of "most luxurious ship ever built" was off-putting and pretentious to me.  Fast forward to today and I'm a big fan of the ship.  Yes there is glitz & glamour and a world class art collection, but it somehow all worked, is done tastefully, and didn't seem over the top or pretentious.  In fact I felt the ship was quite stunning, and the atmosphere onboard was friendly, welcoming, and very comfortable. 

The pax count was around 675 from what I was told.  So near capacity.  No shortage of service staff, no shortage of supplies, and all venues & entertainment operating.  In fact except for embarkation and having to provide negative Covid results, this cruise seemed 100% normal like pre-Covid. 

• Like 5

Attached is a link to all the photos I took from this cruise, with most being of the ship herself.  Many are labeled to describe what the photo is.  Others without labels are pretty self-explanatory.  Included are some menus and at the end are all the daily programs and some other printed materials.  

A full review is forthcoming which I will create a new post for. 

There are 575 photos in total.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72177720300384042

Edited by eroller
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

We are new to Regent and our first cruise will be on the Explorer. Thank you for sharing your pictures and including wonderful food pics as well! 

Is it typical for a bottle of champagne to be waiting in your suite upon arrival or does that need to be pre-arranged? 

13 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

We are new to Regent and our first cruise will be on the Explorer. Thank you for sharing your pictures and including wonderful food pics as well! 

Is it typical for a bottle of champagne to be waiting in your suite upon arrival or does that need to be pre-arranged? 

There is a bottle in your suite on boarding nicely chilled in an ice bucket. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 7:09 AM, eroller said:

Attached is a link to all the photos I took from this cruise, with most being of the ship herself.  Many are labeled to describe what the photo is.  Others without labels are pretty self-explanatory.  Included are some menus and at the end are all the daily programs and some other printed materials.  

A full review is forthcoming which I will create a new post for. 

There are 575 photos in total.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72177720300384042

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos!!  You have increased my anticipation of experiencing Regent, including a booking on Splendor although not Explorer.  It had been a while since I looked at the cabin layouts, and when I saw your Room 860 photos I thought they were a penthouse cabin until I checked on the deck plan.  Can't wait!  Thank you also for the many very clear photos of Passages and other documents at the end.  That will be helpful for us to have a better idea of what to expect on board.

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos!!  You have increased my anticipation of experiencing Regent, including a booking on Splendor although not Explorer.  It had been a while since I looked at the cabin layouts, and when I saw your Room 860 photos I thought they were a penthouse cabin until I checked on the deck plan.  Can't wait!  Thank you also for the many very clear photos of Passages and other documents at the end.  That will be helpful for us to have a better idea of what to expect on board.

You are quite welcome!   Our cabin was a Concierge E and it was splendid.  Beautifully laid out and appointed, plenty large enough, and a huge balcony.  One plus over the Penthouse is that our cabin had a full tub and walk-in shower.  The Penthouses only have a shower.  Not a big deal if you're not a bath taker, but my husband does love a good bath and he took a couple on this cruise.  Nice large tub. 

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 3:09 PM, mcloaked said:

The ship and the food look fabulous. Can you tell me how much, if any ballroom dancing, is possible on the Regent voyages, and if so how much time each evening couples have the opportunity to dance ballroom and Latin, and whether the dance floors are small or allow room to dance.  Thanks for any replies.

I sense a Cunard person.😏

2 hours ago, Snackdaddy said:

Great photos.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!  You're welcome.  Now if I could just get the inspiration to write that review!  LOL

Hi

Great review and photos. I noticed on Flickr that you used an iPhone 13 Pro, are the photos as taken or fiddled with, the quality is excellent, wish I could get my photos like that. Do you point and shoot or manually override the settings. Hope you don't mind me asking but I like to get great shots and it doesn't always work!!!

Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, Qld13 said:

Hi

Great review and photos. I noticed on Flickr that you used an iPhone 13 Pro, are the photos as taken or fiddled with, the quality is excellent, wish I could get my photos like that. Do you point and shoot or manually override the settings. Hope you don't mind me asking but I like to get great shots and it doesn't always work!!!

Thanks in advance

I’m glad you enjoyed the photos!  Yes they were all taken with my iPhone 13 pro.  I used to use a professional camera but this phone has such great lenses I don’t bother anymore.  

I don’t manually override settings except for wide angle and zoom photos, and I don’t make any adjustments to photos after I take them except for some cropping in some cases.  

I do spend a bit of time taking each photo.  Getting the best light and angle.  I don’t just quickly stop and snap.  Photography is a hobby of mine and I enjoy getting a good shot.  It’s time consuming but it really gives me a chance to explore all the ships I sail on in much more detail, and even see areas that I probably would not have otherwise.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eroller said:

I’m glad you enjoyed the photos!  Yes they were all taken with my iPhone 13 pro.  I used to use a professional camera but this phone has such great lenses I don’t bother anymore.  

I don’t manually override settings except for wide angle and zoom photos, and I don’t make any adjustments to photos after I take them except for some cropping in some cases.  

I do spend a bit of time taking each photo.  Getting the best light and angle.  I don’t just quickly stop and snap.  Photography is a hobby of mine and I enjoy getting a good shot.  It’s time consuming but it really gives me a chance to explore all the ships I sail on in much more detail, and even see areas that I probably would not have otherwise.  

I brought my Nikon with me but dragging it on shore excursions was a pain so I basically left it in the room most of the time.  The iPhone make it much simpler and less baggage to take.   Now I will bring my SeaLife dive camera when I go in January to Australia and Bali!

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 1