Ultimate Balcony Dinner

Cruzin Grandma

1 hour ago, Cruzin Grandma said:

Does anyone know if the Ultimate Balcony Dinner is being offered since the re-start or if not, when it may start up again?  Thanks!

It was not available on Discovery in April nor have I read about anyone having it available.

The reason given has been to limit crew’s time in cabin however they never did spend a long time in cabin’s…deliver & wait in the hallway for the next course. It might be another issue due to reduced levels of staffing.

When I sailed on the Majestic in early October 2021 I was able to book the Balcony Breakfast through Cruise Personalizer in advance of the cruise and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner was also available but shortly after I booked the breakfast both that and the dinner options were removed from the "Onboard Services" menu which was really disappointing. I confirmed that they were still doing the breakfast as it's just a one time drop off but you can now only book it once onboard. That was still the case as of my last cruise in late May on the Crown. And I don't know if staffing is the entire reason. On all three of my cruises since the restart passenger count was less than half of normal capacity at double occupancy but the crew numbers they announced sounded like a full complement. For example, on the Crown in late may we had 1300ish pax and 1000 or so crew. I really do think it's at least in part due to Covid. There have been some infection clusters on several of the cruises recently. They're keeping them quiet but I think there's more than we might think.

We had one booked on the Emerald in April. Even got the card in our cabin advising us to contact room service to schedule it but when we did, they advised they weren't doing it. 

We rescheduled it for this October on the CB. We shall see.

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you book it on the cruise personalizer, onboard services?

Or was it open on the App to do it?

We are lucky enough to be sailing in a Sky Suite, so the 

Shoreside Concierge has organised it for us. It is one of our perks and is complementary.