Current list of which ships have been Revolutionized?

JSR

On 7/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, terrydtx said:

We cruise on the Reflection next month and looking forward to being on her. The best estimate I have heard about continuing the Revolutionizing is, if they do restart, it will be late 2024 or 2025. We cruised in a Sky Suite last August on the Equinox and from talking with senior officers she is not going to get the total refurb that she didn't get in 2019. Equinox has the same Luminae, Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sun deck as the other Revolutionized ships in the fleet. What the Equinox didn't get was the complete make overs of the Suites and Verandah cabins. Our Sky Suite was very nice, but the furniture was somewhat tired and threadworm, but the rest of the ship and Retreat was fantastic.

There has been a lot of talk and speculation on CC that the two unrevolutionized M class ships, Infinity and Constellation, will be sold off by Celebrity before they get Revolutionized. If that happens that would leave only Reflection, Solstice and Eclipse needing to be Revolutionized.

We sailed on the Reflection on an Eastern Med cruise in Oct. 2019.  She was very clean and kept that way throughout the cruise.  However, she needs a refurb, especially in some areas of the theater on Deck 3 where the "wood" is missing on some seatbacks and upholstery getting a little thin.  She was looking very tired/dated in the stairway area beside Guest Relations on Deck 3.  By 2023 or 2024 she and the Solstice will be looking really ratty if not refurbed.  Celebrity shouldn't forget the "S" clsss ships because some of us prefer them!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

We sailed on the Reflection on an Eastern Med cruise in Oct. 2019.  She was very clean and kept that way throughout the cruise.  However, she needs a refurb, especially in some areas of the theater on Deck 3 where the "wood" is missing on some seatbacks and upholstery getting a little thin.  She was looking very tired/dated in the stairway area beside Guest Relations on Deck 3.  By 2023 or 2024 she and the Solstice will be looking really ratty if not refurbed.  Celebrity shouldn't forget the "S" clsss ships because some of us prefer them!

Regarding the Reflection, the following is what I received in April when I questioned what might be accomplished in their (2-wk) drydock this coming fall:

We are doing the dry dock on the 18th of October. The plan is to get a retreat sundeck and do a few changes around the ship.
However i am not sure if they are going to do any Suite renovations.

Tom

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Regarding the Reflection, the following is what I received in April when I questioned what might be accomplished in their (2-wk) drydock this coming fall:

We are doing the dry dock on the 18th of October. The plan is to get a retreat sundeck and do a few changes around the ship.

Tom

If they did a sun deck in that two week slot I would guess it would be the Solstice Deck area only with no water feature as in Equinox rather than the full refurbishment as in Silhouette. This would make sense in the limited time available….Not hard to put a couple of gates on saying ‘suite guests only’ and then add some nice sun beds.

On Equinox we did find the Retreat Deck ‘better than nothing’. Service was excellent, seating was comfortable just too blustery and too sunny. We did find the Silhouette refurbishment substantially better with a hot tub, bigger seating area and a bar…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

So glad to hear this! (where is this info coming from btw?)

I'm doing Reflection over T day. I had originally booked aqua class then upgraded to a SS when they were having a sale. I was bummed about not having a retreat deck but hearing this is awesome! 

On 7/3/2022 at 5:32 AM, Suzanne123 said:

EF6AF615-55AC-4DEE-ADB4-E704B9E91989.jpeg

EE9A88D6-DF49-46C8-AF7A-A4787A98F085.jpeg

I was just on Solstice and though this guide reports it had renovations in Oct of 2021--and despite its own promotional video showing renovated staterooms--it is still decked out in all that maroon. Lovely ship regardless, but their promotional video is a bit of false advertising for sure.

2 hours ago, go.without.you said:

So glad to hear this! (where is this info coming from btw?)

I'm doing Reflection over T day. I had originally booked aqua class then upgraded to a SS when they were having a sale. I was bummed about not having a retreat deck but hearing this is awesome! 

Perhaps we'll see each other onboard! Yep, there are still some very good deals from time to time.

The info was sent from a trusted source on the ship. Of course, between now and then - no telling how plans might change! 

Tom

On 7/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Just wanted to add my two cents about ship's conditions on this thread as it is related IMHO.  Just because a ship has not been revolutionized does not mean it is in bad shape.  For example, while Connie's updating was postponed there was a lot of work done on her to update her look.  Many of the rugs and upholstery was updated and while I can't swear to it, it felt like new mattresses were installed.  I think the biggest impact for non-revolutionized sailings is for suite passengers.  There will be no Retreat Deck and Michaels Club will not be remodeled (although honestly as regards Michaels I think that is a plus rather than a minus - much prefer the more comfortable club like atmosphere to the revolutionized hospital operating room feeling)

I agree with you 100%.  Love the Constellation and was just on Eclipse which has not been revolutionized, and we still loved the ship.

I am also anxious to see what happens on Reflection. We are booked in our first SS next May. Not sure it’s worth the high cost if nothing has been done. I can sail in a suite on a different ship for $5k less, but the itinerary is what we want. Hopefully any upgrades will make it worth it!