Parking in Jacksonville

sabaka11

Wondering about parking in Jacksonville.

options and reviews for parking at the port and/off site.

Traveling with my adult special needs son, we have a handicapp plate.

Any input would be appreciated!

• Like 1

This is the far end of the parking lot

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

Drive to the cross hatch place by the blue awning and unload your bags to be checked, and passengers.  The cream cover leading off the blue is the walkway to the terminal.  You can tell the HC spaces by the painted lines.  Ramp from terminal to ship is at right.  These were taken from Spirit in March.  

Directions to the port will have you getting on the bypass and getting off at Heckscher Blvd, but I prefer to stay on I95 to the exit for Zoo Parkway/Heckscher Blvd and approach from the west.  It's about five miles, but there are two places where you cross on a causeway and get good views of your ship.  The second place is in the last two pictures.  Unfortunately, since they widened the road to four lanes, there is no place to pull over and take a picture, but if the person in the passenger seat has their phone/camera out and ready, you might get a shot.  Especially if traffic is not bad and you can slow down.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Been a while since driving by the port but there used to be a couple of off site lots with good reps, shuttles to port and lower prices than $17 per day.  Pretty sure they both have handicap spaces .

Other than the valet parking in Tampa, the terminal parking in Jacksonville is the best and closest. The directions and photos Essiesmom posted are spot on! That’s exactly like it was for our March and April cruises. If there are still off site parking areas they are small. Real estate is at a premium there, mostly marsh.

Cruised out of Jacksonville a few months ago. Searched for a Hotel with a Park n Cruise package. They were non existent in Jacksonville. Ended up parking directly across the street from the Terminal. Van was good in dropping us off and picking us up after the Cruise. I didn't make the reservation so In can't comment on the cost; however, it was cheaper than parking at the Terminal. 

Your situation may be a bit different with the disability factor.  

• Like 1

Just to add, there's a Holiday Inn Express not more than a mile away at the exit from 295. Nice enough with free breakfast and you have a 2 minute drive to the port. Very convenient. 

As others have mentioned - accessibility in JAX is great! Parking is super close and painless. If parking at the port you can (at least we did in the past) pay online in advance and breeze right on through. Of all the ports I've cruised out of, JAX is my favorite. 

For a difference of $40 the convenience of being able to offload luggage and passengers and then park right there is better than parking, taking a shuttle with luggage, then doing it in reverse after the cruise.  EM

35 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

For a difference of $40 the convenience of being able to offload luggage and passengers and then park right there is better than parking, taking a shuttle with luggage, then doing it in reverse after the cruise.  EM

100% agree. Easiest parking except Tampa.