Kids on Board - Numbers -How Many?

Bellarose

About a year ago _ I remember because it was before my first cruise last May - another poster had a friend that worked for Carnival and was able to look up how many kids by age group were going on specific sailing - she was kind enough to do that for a lot, and i mean a lot of posters. We probably overwhelmed her to the point that she ran away...:rolleyes:

Have you ever though to call Carnival and ask? I know at least one of the smaller lines will give you some general information.

Carnival will give you no information regarding the passengers or ratios of ages for a particular sailing.

Carnival will give you no information regarding the passengers or ratios of ages for a particular sailing.

I just spoke to them last week. We are sailing 5/6/06 just after spring break and my teens are worried there won't be alot of other teens onboard. Well after being passed around the departments and a little bit of schmoozing:D .....Total 114 (as of that date) number of passengers under the age of 18.

65 girls

49 boys (2 are mine)

Now if we only knew how many were in their age group.

NJmom

How do people find out during their cruise how many kids are on it?? Is there an announcement on the cruise?? I have cruised 4 times and have never heard this announcement. I was just curious when people post "oh there were 700 kids on my cruise this week". How do you know?

imlulu, I was also on the Victory cruise this past week with 800 kids on board - they made that announcement during the camp carnival orientation. They also mentioned it at the disembarkation speech at the end of the cruise.

I personally have never experienced a problem with children on board. Unless you are looking for "friends" for your children while on board, don't sweat it. I enjoy seeing the children having a great time. Again, never a problem!

How do people find out during their cruise how many kids are on it?? Is there an announcement on the cruise?? I have cruised 4 times and have never heard this announcement. I was just curious when people post "oh there were 700 kids on my cruise this week". How do you know?

Nope - no announcement. Just in talking with the Camp Carnival staff. When we were on the Spirit, one of the counselors and I had a mutual friend and she told me how different this experience was than that of her Glory job.

She told me that approx. 150 kids were aboard this Alaskan cruise and that she was use to more like a 1,000 on the Glory. That number really amazed me.

Is the Camp Carnival orientation the first day you arrive on the ship or is it the first sea day? I have looking at some of Johnny Cruisers Miracle Capers (I will also be on the Miracle) and I don't see it listed. I will keep looking though!

The orientation is usually the night you board. On the Miracle, it was right before dinner. It actually ran into dinner time. We had early.

Thanks! We requested early as well. Not sure we are going the first night though because I want to see the ship go under the bridge! To tell you the truth after looking at all the capers from the Miracle and seeing all the activities they have planned, dinner is starting to seem like something that is going to get in the way of some of the other things I want to do! ;)

Thanks! We requested early as well. Not sure we are going the first night though because I want to see the ship go under the bridge! To tell you the truth after looking at all the capers from the Miracle and seeing all the activities they have planned, dinner is starting to seem like something that is going to get in the way of some of the other things I want to do! ;)

You will probably find that there is a lot of activity overlap. There is always (several) things to do.

Like LHP said, while you are onboard, any camp counsellor will tell you how many kids are onboard.

The person who used to supply the information beforehand no longer does that.

Generally Carnival does not release the number of children on board before a cruise (same as they won't tell you if there are any groups aboard).

There is no website with this info.

Archived