Question about Sheridan Hotel and Marina San Diego, Ca.

4x4bob

We are plaining to arrive in San Diego 2 days before our Cruise in November.  Princess has offered us a room in the Sheridan Hotel and Marina. 

So, my question is, what are your opinion of this Hotel if you have stayed there before?

Reviews seem to be all over the place, i.e good vs bad.

Thanks

Bob

Living in San Diego, I have stayed at the Sheraton Marina several times for events.  Personally I would not stay again.   It is very close to the airport, nothing much else around.  I would stay downtown San Diego, maybe 1 mile away.   Wyndham is a good location, extremely close to the dock, many restaurants, lots of transportation options and I am sure less expensive.  Doubletree, Marriott are other options close to Seaport Village, restaurants and a little further away from the port.

We lived downtown for many years until they built the Wyndham as it blocked our views.

Edited by kiwimum

3 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

We are plaining to arrive in San Diego 2 days before our Cruise in November.  Princess has offered us a room in the Sheridan Hotel and Marina. 

So, my question is, what are your opinion of this Hotel if you have stayed there before?

Reviews seem to be all over the place, i.e good vs bad.

Thanks

Bob

You will do much better booking your own hotel.

San Diego is a lovely town (aka city).  Easy to get around to most attractions by public transit/shared rides.  Lots of restaurants within walking district of the GasLamp district/downtown area.  Sheraton has nice views, but not much around it.  

I would also look at booking on your own.  So many great hotels to choose from.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, 4x4bob said:

To those who have responded, Thanks

I would not book the Sheraton, SD has too many other well priced, well located hotels.

But if you do, be aware they have two towers (Bay Tower & Marina Tower) and very far apart towers.

19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I would not book the Sheraton, SD has too many other well priced, well located hotels.

But if you do, be aware they have two towers (Bay Tower & Marina Tower) and very far apart towers.

Scott Thanks

Based on other input the Wife is now researching another hotel for our trip.

Bob

I have stayed at the Sheridan for business but would not stay there for vacation. 

You might be better off booking Springhill Suites or Residence Inn Across the street from the Pier.  The only downside is that they do not have an airport shuttle and you would need to take a taxi or Uber.

• Like 1

The Sheraton has a free airport shuttle from 4 am until 11 pm.  It runs about every 15-20 minutes.

Holland America has used this hotel for more than 15 years.

Princess will have a transfer to/from the Diamond Princess to the Sheraton.

As mentioned by others, this hotel is not convenient for public transfers; however, Uber or taxi to the SD Zoo is inexpensive and a favorite place to spend a pre-cruise day.

David