Question about Windjammer Buffet

I use a walker and even tho it is sturdy, I do not want to trust putting plates on the seat.  Last cruise my husband got my food and brought it to me before going back to get his.  Then he had to get drinks.  So we were basically eating at different times.  What a hassle.  

When we cruise next Feb, I will be taking my own trays, which I already have.  They are trays for working puzzle pieces.  A small size and a larger size which I ordered from Amazon.  Brightly colored neon and would not be mistaken for ship trays.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 65Mommy said:

are any of the buffets self service anymore? We are looking forward to the free buffets without restrictions like the real cruises used to be!

3 cruises in last 6 months, all are back to 99% self serve. Last cruise was on Disney and also full self serve.  Except for Ice cream, still served by crew member.  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:13 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

I'm really thinking that'll solve my problem.  I have a couple trays that would work fine.  

Unless someone has some brilliant idea that hasn't occurred to me, I think that's going to be the solution. 

THANKS. 

I used to just keep/hide the tray from my room service order and use that. I then went and purchased a larger restaurant tray on Amazon and now bring that with me. It looks so different from the ones that RCCL uses for room service that it will never get confused and taken away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last cruise was on Disney and also full self serve.  Except for Ice cream, still served by crew member.  

On my 11/5 cruise on Serenade, soft serve ice cream in Windjammer was self-serve.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Longford said:

On my 11/5 cruise on Serenade, soft serve ice cream in Windjammer was self-serve.

On Anthem in October it was by the outdoor pool and it was served by a crew member.  Also served by crew on August Liberty sailing and also out by pool.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:56 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

Thoughts?  Thanks for any ideas you can share. 

They'll be happy to help him carry his food to the table.  If you're unsure or don't know who to ask, look for someone wearing epaulets... they'll have a couple of them roaming the Windjammer at any given time.

--bruce T.

First time you go to Windjammer, try and look out for the officers in charge. They will more than happy to help you with your situation. If you rather do it yourself then either bring your own tray from home or ask if you can have a tray.

Don't be afraid to ask for help or a tray. I find that on cruises, staff bend over backwards to help you out

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:49 PM, taglovestocruise said:

3 cruises in last 6 months, all are back to 99% self serve. Last cruise was on Disney and also full self serve.  Except for Ice cream, still served by crew member.  

I always need help with the ice scream. Yes, scream.  I scream when it tips over when I try to serve it myself!