Overlooked balcony Ventura?

mrsgoggins

I've just returned from a cruise on Ventura in a D superior balcony, which was most definitely completely overlooked but didn't say so on the booking confirmation. Not a problem however.

I have just booked another cruise on her for next year and have gone for a regular balcony, C502 and note the confirmation tells me that is has an 'overlooked balcony' and 'Upper Pullmans'.  What have I missed?  'Pullmans in the plural?  I have been in cabins before with one Pullman, (in the ceiling, which you hardly notice) but not more.  

Anyone throw some light on this re being overlooked and if I will notice much difference to the superior balcony cabin we have just had, apart from no sofa bed and less space? There are only 2 of us.  Thanks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I've just returned from a cruise on Ventura in a D superior balcony, which was most definitely completely overlooked but didn't say so on the booking confirmation. Not a problem however.

I have just booked another cruise on her for next year and have gone for a regular balcony, C502 and note the confirmation tells me that is has an 'overlooked balcony' and 'Upper Pullmans'.  What have I missed?  'Pullmans in the plural?  I have been in cabins before with one Pullman, (in the ceiling, which you hardly notice) but not more.  

Anyone throw some light on this re being overlooked and if I will notice much difference to the superior balcony cabin we have just had, apart from no sofa bed and less space? There are only 2 of us.  Thanks.

I have a C deck balcony booked on Ventura in August 2023. I gather from reading comments on here & watching YouTube videos that the C deck balconies are part overlooked and part sheltered and are bigger than the balconies on other decks. The cabins themselves  look quite cosy but we figured that we would use the balcony more as we’re going to the Canaries so it made sense to us to get a bigger outside space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

C Deck balconies on Azura and Ventura are only overlooked from above if you are towards the rails; the sheltered part from the middle to the back is totally private. As others have said they are also large, and I always book one on those 2 ships if I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clodia said:

C Deck balconies on Azura and Ventura are only overlooked from above if you are towards the rails; the sheltered part from the middle to the back is totally private. As others have said they are also large, and I always book one on those 2 ships if I can.

Absolutely, the best cabins.