Cabin under Wakeview pool & bar

kj_connections

I doubt that the area will be closed at night. When under a pool, people often can be annoyed with scraping pool chairs.

However, we have not been on this ship but enjoy hanging out on the Lido deck of the Regal in the Horizon Court area (outdoors).

I had a Rivera (Deck 14) aft facing cabin on the Enchanted for a TA/Northern Europe cruise.  That's two decks below the Wake View Bar/pool.  I never heard a sound from above, day or night.  I realize I had a cabin buffer between me and the bar, but I had absolutely no issues with noise.  In my experience, the Wake View bar isn't a real rowdy location at night, but on cruises that had cooler weather, there wasn't as much outside sitting/drinking in the evening as there might be in the Caribbean.

After spending one entire cruise right under the Lido Deck area I swore I would never again take a cruise in those locations.  Every morning at about 3 a.m. the crew would be arranging the Lido deck for the upcoming days activities. Banging, scraping and other noises from then until we left for breakfast. No nay never again.

17 hours ago, Potstech said:

After spending one entire cruise right under the Lido Deck area I swore I would never again take a cruise in those locations.  Every morning at about 3 a.m. the crew would be arranging the Lido deck for the upcoming days activities. Banging, scraping and other noises from then until we left for breakfast. No nay never again.

Ah..forgot about crew prep

I better switch cabins then

Passengers above, below, and across the corridor is my booking standard.

Also keep in mind that the cruise line's idea of an upgrade may not be a real upgrade if you wind up above a night club venue or below the pool deck.  There's a reason those cabins are vacant and ready for an "upgrade" victim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Our preferred area...never noticed much noise. Maybe, a little chair scraping, but not at 3AM...usually around 5 or so.

We're often up & about between 4 & 5 and there are very few crew members working in that area that early.

Usually between 4 & 5 they are around the pool area in front of the horizon court where I'm trying to drink my coffee 🤣

On 7/13/2022 at 7:29 AM, kj_connections said:

Hi,

I booked a cabin on deck 15 of Discovery Princess.  It is under the Wakeview pool and bar area.  Will it be loud at night or will that public area be closed anyway?

Thanks

I would not do it.

Edited by modes

On 7/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, kj_connections said:

Ah..forgot about crew prep

I better switch cabins then

Same thing happened to us, once when we book a suite under the pool deck mid ship, never again for us either.  Whoever put a suite under the pool deck was crazy!!  Same thing sounded like someone rolling a canon over the deck above at 4 am every morning.