Jade - Piraeus Departure - Covid-19 Testing

PetrosZA

I've just done our online check-in for our August 7th sailing on Jade out of Piraeus and see that they still have a pre-departure testing requirement. We registered for testing with Eurofins at the port on embarkation day. Anyone done this recently and is it relatively quick and efficient etc.? Also is this done at the NCL check-in area? They don't give much info besides saying to show our QR code when we arrive at the port on embarkation day.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi, 

So sorry to barge in on your topic but the system wouldn't let me message you directly. I'm on this sailing too and having issues with the online check in and just being fobbed off by customer services. Have you been able to download your e-documents yet? Thanks

7 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

Hi, 

So sorry to barge in on your topic but the system wouldn't let me message you directly. I'm on this sailing too and having issues with the online check in and just being fobbed off by customer services. Have you been able to download your e-documents yet? Thanks

No, same issue here - did our online check-in earlier and e-docs not available for download - its says they are available from 21 days out which is today but hoping they will be available from tomorrow - ill let you know as soon as we manage to download ours

2 minutes ago, PetrosZA said:

No, same issue here - did our online check-in earlier and e-docs not available for download - its says they are available from 21 days out which is today but hoping they will be available from tomorrow - ill let you know as soon as we manage to download ours

I'm actually on the 31/07 sailing too, doing back to back cruises. So I actually completed all my stuff back on 10/07 and still nothing!!! 

We were on the Jade from Piraeus a few weeks ago. The first queue at the port, they check your passport and vaccination records, you then leave your suitcases here (NCL take care of them) and then proceed to a large tent near the terminal for the testing. If you've pre-registered with Eurofins you'll jump part of the queue (compared to those who haven't registered). You then get a coloured label and sit down. There are staff offering water to drink at this time. When they call your colour you go to a small test area, do your test, then go to a separate waiting area. Keep watching for your number to come up on the board, and when it does you go to the desk then get a pink wristband and are then allowed to proceed to the boarding tent (for cabin cards, security, screening, etc) 

Just to add from my previous post, this all took about 90 minutes from arriving at the port to boarding the ship. The longest wait (nervously) was for the test results. My wife got hers within about 10 mins and we had to wait 40 mins for mine. Staff said there is an element of randomness on timing of the results. 

Edited by OurFunHols

31 minutes ago, OurFunHols said:

We were on the Jade from Piraeus a few weeks ago. The first queue at the port, they check your passport and vaccination records, you then leave your suitcases here (NCL take care of them) and then proceed to a large tent near the terminal for the testing. If you've pre-registered with Eurofins you'll jump part of the queue (compared to those who haven't registered). You then get a coloured label and sit down. There are staff offering water to drink at this time. When they call your colour you go to a small test area, do your test, then go to a separate waiting area. Keep watching for your number to come up on the board, and when it does you go to the desk then get a pink wristband and are then allowed to proceed to the boarding tent (for cabin cards, security, screening, etc) 

Thanks @OurFunHols super helpful answer and sounds like a pretty painless procedure - do you remember which terminal at Piraeus you departed from?

32 minutes ago, PetrosZA said:

Thanks @OurFunHols super helpful answer and sounds like a pretty painless procedure - do you remember which terminal at Piraeus you departed from?

Most welcome. It was terminal B when we went. Local taxi drivers usually know exactly which ships are in and where

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Can you test in Athens 48 hours before the sailing date then show the negative result at the port ??

We are sailing in September.

thanks

According to the NCL website you can.

Embarkation Requirements

• For cruises originating from Piraeus, Greece:
  • All vaccinated guests must provide proof of:
    • negative COVID-19 antigen administered by a verified third party within 2 days of the embarkation date or
    • negative NAAT (PCR) test administered by a verified third party within 3 days of the embarkation
    • COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*

What is the cost of the testing at embarkation?  We're supposed to be coming in a day early and our hotel has indicated that a nearby pharmacy can provide COVID tests for 20 Euros per person if we need tests.  

58 minutes ago, thera said:

What is the cost of the testing at embarkation?  We're supposed to be coming in a day early and our hotel has indicated that a nearby pharmacy can provide COVID tests for 20 Euros per person if we need tests.  

We  just got off the Jade yesterday. There is no cost to test at the port with the Eurofins testing you pre-setup during your checkin. 

• Like 2

If you haven't seen  it ;the latest from the NCL site says:_

SAIL SAFE

EU Healthy Gateways Ends Pre-Cruise Testing Requirements

For sailings beginning August 1, 2022, vaccinated guests sailing on a cruise originating from any port EXCEPT a U.S. port; Canadian port; or Piraeus, Greece are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements.

I asked the hotel we are staying at pre -cruise in November and they indicate that they have a "tame" doctor that will attend the hotel to do the required test for you.   I suggest you ask  your hotel if they have the same arrangement.

I sailed two weeks ago from Athens and it was a joke, I showed them a self administered test and they accepted it? I could have just typed the test number in say I was negative!

anyway tested is finished August 1st

15 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I sailed two weeks ago from Athens and it was a joke, I showed them a self administered test and they accepted it? I could have just typed the test number in say I was negative!

anyway tested is finished August 1st

The port of Piraeus still requires testing after August 1 as noted in the Fail Safe statement posted above.