Did I Hear Correctly?

ladysail2

4 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Do you think that means that pre-cruise testing will end??

I know it’s been removed for 3 of HAL’s cruises (so far) and a number of river cruises and others in Europe.  I imagine we’ll be hearing of more soon.  Yay!

Perhaps for cruises in the US only.  Its  still up to the individual cruise lines, in fact I wouldn’t be surprised to see a survey drop soon addressing this.  Pretty sure Canada will not be stopping the testing requirement anytime soon.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I wonder how this will affect testing when a cruise ship leaves from a non-US port, ie..Southampton….but ends in the US?  

Or vice versa,

We are on a transpacific leaving honolulu ending in Sydney. Neither country requires a covid test to enter by air.  Cruises seem to be the last industry requiring this. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of pre departure testing!

• Like 1

Oceania's SailSAFE website (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health) states: 

FOR SAILINGS EMBARKING ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations.

Please Note: Voyages embarking from Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Oceania's SailSAFE website (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health) states: 

FOR SAILINGS EMBARKING ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 2022, Oceania Cruises will no longer require guests to produce a negative covid test to embark their cruise, subject to local regulations.

Please Note: Voyages embarking from Canada and Greece as well as those sailing to Bermuda, will still require a negative covid test at embarkation, until further notice.

As well as cruises embarking in Canada, those that will visit a Canadian port will also require a negative test for the time being.

• Like 1