App - Won’t Take My Postal Code

DHP1

8 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Is it possible you are not on the Canadian version of the website? 

There is no Canadian version of Princess.com.  We share the same website as the USA.  The difference is the default currency displayed for cruise pricing which is based on your IP Address location, unless logged in and then it is based on your Captain's Circle profile.

7 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I log in my Princess account however, your not able to enter any details because it refers you to the App.  You can’t even add your credit card information there. 

Princess released a web version of the OCEAN Ready section of the MC App.  And they later added DineMyWay function.  You can see a referral to the web version if you are on the main page of the Cruise Personalizer for one of your bookings.  There is a small line item with a link where they advertise downloading the MC App from Google Play Store and Apple Store.

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess released a web version of the OCEAN Ready section of the MC App.  And they later added DineMyWay function.  You can see a referral to the web version if you are on the main page of the Cruise Personalizer for one of your bookings.  There is a small line item with a link where they advertise downloading the MC App from Google Play Store and Apple Store.

The web version of the MC app can be found at:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

It has been recently updated and has some improvements.

10 hours ago, brisalta said:

The web version of the MC app can be found at:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

It has been recently updated and has some improvements.

It may be improved but I still had my email issue and still can't access my first cruise booking. Maybe this is a beta version? 😉

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

It may be improved but I still had my email issue and still can't access my first cruise booking. Maybe this is a beta version? 😉

Do you think that the Ocean developers know the alphabet beyond alpha?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

Do you think that the Ocean developers know the alphabet beyond alpha?

The Developer should be fired. This App has been out over a year or so and we are still encountering problems. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Quite a few of us here on CC believe that it has been in BETA for about 3 years...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 8:37 PM, DHP1 said:

The Developer should be fired. This App has been out over a year or so and we are still encountering problems. 

Did you ever get your postal code in?

Other trys:

1.  Put only your numbers in (not letters)

Then add 00 to the end.  You should have 5 numbers.

2. Put in your postal code but no spaces. Run it all together.

3. If those didn’t work. Call PCL, they can enter your address and postal code for you.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2022 at 6:28 PM, NoWhiners said:

Completely true. If I had written software like this when I was working, I would have been shown the door.

I have a feeling that their software development is contracted off-shore, and possibly with little supervision. 

1 minute ago, SiliconCruiser said:

I have a feeling that their software development is contracted off-shore, and possibly with little supervision. 

It would have been a lot better if any of the developers had ever been on a cruise ship to see what both the passengers and crew deal with. There are too many little odd things in the app. Screen usage is appalling. About 80% is wasted. Scroll, scroll and scroll some more. Useless ship graphics at the top, too big a listings. It is sufficiently bad that the Patter is our only source of information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NownZen said:

It would have been a lot better if any of the developers had ever been on a cruise ship to see what both the passengers and crew deal with. There are too many little odd things in the app. Screen usage is appalling. About 80% is wasted. Scroll, scroll and scroll some more. Useless ship graphics at the top, too big a listings. It is sufficiently bad that the Patter is our only source of information.

Human factors has been an element in software design since the 80's in the U.S.  Applications that do not take this into account are generally a dead giveaway.  I had to deal with type of software design (yes it was off-shore) on one of my jobs and the developers never took into account a human factor.  A lot of lost time because of this; cheaper is seldom better, you get what you pay for, and sometimes you pay a lot more because you're trying to skimp on costs.

• Like 1