P&O Testing

Jill85

2 hours ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Don't even need to do a test now, though it is "highly recommended".

Quite right, but we will. If P&O highly recommend something it must be the right thing to do . Off to the Isle of Wight on Friday so we need to read up on wightlinks protocols.🤣

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

If you think this is a mess have a look 9n the RCI forum about unvaccinated passengers ....

We are in a RC cruise in a few weeks. RC require a ' Proctored ' test, Celebrity don't. Take a photo of the test strips, the actual test strips, or whatever. Same company. I'll go for the whatever. You're a clever lawyer!. I'm not at all confused by the P&O procedures. What am I doing wrong?🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

ok, I've read the updated guidance and nowhere does it say anything about cruises over 16 days?

What defines "complex itineraries"?
There are a number of specific itineraries and more detail will be provided in early September but as a general rule it is the majority of holidays which are 16 nights or more or any cruise which includes the full Panama Canal transit and certain “remote” or “exotic” holidays of less than 16 nights. We will be contacting all affected guests directly in early September, and ahead of their holiday, to confirm if they will need to take a test.

Edited by Rupert2251

On 8/13/2022 at 12:27 PM, Rupert2251 said:

New guidelines from 6 Sept

From 6 September 2022, self-testing prior to travel will change from “mandatory” to “highly recommended” for vaccinated guests on the vast majority of holidays. Children aged five – 11 years who are not fully vaccinated will still require a negative lateral flow/antigen test prior to embarkation.

Guests sailing on longer, more complex itineraries will be required to have an observed or in person antigen or PCR test with a fit to travel certificate prior to departure. These include a number of holidays of 16 nights or more and other specific cruises.

These new guidelines apply to all Cunard and P&O Cruises itineraries sailing from Southampton and all other departure points with the exception of countries where government regulations and protocols may vary including Canada and Australia.

Good to hear that, they are also allowing unvaccinated passengers on cruises too from sometime in September or at least a certain percentage as per other Carnival

Lines, Princess as an example.

We are both not jabbed and have been on a Princess cruise this year and are booked on 2 P and O cruises

in the next 8 months.

Edited by Chrisdriving

30 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Good to hear that, they are also allowing unvaccinated passengers on cruises too from sometime in September or at least a certain percentage as per other Carnival

We are both not jabbed and have been on a Princess cruise this year and are booked on 2 P and O cruises

in the next 8 months.

Please can you advise where you obtained this information regarding unvaccinated passengers being allowed on board, as the P&O website states; "All guests aged 16 years and over need to be fully vaccinated including a booster."

• Like 2

It also says the protocols are regularly

updated 😉
Princess already allow it, we have done one recently, Carnival as a group now allow it from early

September and P and O are going to conform, it’s a reliable source, we shall see.

But some info here

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/articles/cruise-line-finally-allowing-unvaccinated-passengers-board/

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-11120167/amp/Carnival-Cruise-Line-sees-bookings-nearly-double.html

Edited by Chrisdriving

This all started with NCL who were first to jump when the CDC regulations dropped vaccination.  There has been pandemonium on RC boards because it has been applied firstly on cruises departing the US, which is fine except places they are calling still require vaccination to enter.  I think it is the Bahamas or Bermuda that has said sorry we don't want your unvaccinated.

In Europe I believe Spain requires vaccination proof on entry still, certainly had to show it going into Majorca on 27 June, a doctor and medical team were waiting in the arrivals section for those with assistance.

The whole thing looks messy going forward.  As I understand it if you are calling at somewhere that requires vaccination and you aren't then testing will come into play again with the incumbent costs.

Chrisdriving who has been on the cruises with Princess, could you let us know where you sailed to/from, please?

On 8/19/2022 at 12:38 PM, Chrisdriving said:

in the next 8 months.

Can you advise which 2 please so I can avoid them?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2