Carnival Celebration free specialty dining

alexsmale

No official announcement yet, but you have to assume that the policy will be the same in order to spread out the crowds.  Otherwise, anytime dining will be even more congested than it already is.  The app check in system though is much more efficient than what is offered on other cruise lines.

• Like 4

I can say with 100% assurance that the Cucina and Chibang will setup the same as on the MardiGras. Not because I have inside information but because of the logistics. Celebration holds more passengers than the Mardi Gras and there's no way the two main dining rooms can accommodate all the passengers if they started charging a cover for the other two restaurants.  Additionally I'm on the November 21st sailing and Cucina and Chibang CANNOT be reserved ahead of time, all other specialty restaurants with cover charges besides Emerils can be reserved. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I am booked on the Celebration in May 2023. If I cick on the Specialty Resturant link I have the option to schedule the Steakhouse, Rudy's Grill, Bonsai Teppanyaki, or the Chef's Table. That leads me to believe that  Cucina and Chibang willl be free just like the Mardi Gras when I sailed in May 2022.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I can say with 100% assurance that the Cucina and Chibang will setup the same as on the MardiGras. Not because I have inside information but because of the logistics. Celebration holds more passengers than the Mardi Gras and there's no way the two main dining rooms can accommodate all the passengers if they started charging a cover for the other two restaurants.  Additionally I'm on the November 21st sailing and Cucina and Chibang CANNOT be reserved ahead of time, all other specialty restaurants with cover charges besides Emerils can be reserved. 

I'm jealous-we're booked for Nov 4th, but 2023,as I presume you mean this Nov. Enjoy 😁

3 hours ago, ngrund said:

I'm jealous-we're booked for Nov 4th, but 2023,as I presume you mean this Nov. Enjoy 😁

We booked the 5 day sailing for January of 2023 as soon as bookings opened up.  We had such a great time on the Mardi Gras we booked additional sailings on the Celebration, a B2B in September of 2023 and a B2B in January of 2024.  Just like the Horizon was tweaked after the Vista came out, it looks like the Celebration will raise the bar a smidgen compared to the Mardi Gras.  Because of this, we'll be on her 5 times, the most of any ship we've sailed.

• Like 1

Yep, we went on Mardi Gras in May and it was spectacular, so Celebration was a no brainier.

Baring anything unforeseen that will be my last trip as a working person (retirement here I come in the middle of that trip)

And since you mentioned the Horizon, just booked that for Jan '23.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ober134 said:

Those specialty restaurants not yet available for reservations for my Celebration booking Jan 2023

If by those, you're referring to Cucina del Capitano or Chibang, you can't make reservations until the night of at 530 once they open on the app, assuming that you have anytime dining.  If you have set dining, I believe you can start around 800 pm.  Now, you can make reservations for teppanyaki, Steak House, Rudi's Seagrill or the Chef's table right now.  And I am on the first sailing of the Celebration in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

But discriminatory against set time diners regarding obtaining reservations at Cucina or Chibang on the Excel Class ships.  It's not perfect.

As had been discussed although Carnival has not explicitly stated this both Chibang and Cucina are defacto MDRs on Excel Class ships. The fact that they have fixed menus doesn't change the fact that without the table capacity of those two restaurants Excel Class ships cannot accommodate all guests for dinner within the main dining hours in the two existing MDRs. The fact that Cucina and Chibang on the MardiGras was not included in the temporary halt for dinner service was a clear indication of the need for those dining rooms to service Your time dining guests. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

As had been discussed although Carnival has not explicitly stated this both Chibang and Cucina are defacto MDRs on Excel Class ships. The fact that they have fixed menus doesn't change the fact that without the table capacity of those two restaurants Excel Class ships cannot accommodate all guests for dinner within the main dining hours in the two existing MDRs. The fact that Cucina and Chibang on the MardiGras was not included in the temporary halt for dinner service was a clear indication of the need for those dining rooms to service Your time dining guests. 

Fully understand what you're saying, but still can't understand why Carnival makes those with set time dining wait until 800 pm to be able to eat in either of those locations while those that chose anytime dining can eat there starting at 530.

We have been on Mardi Gras twice and have had early dining and YTD. Several times on YTD we had 70 minute waits for a table. That far exceeded our troubles eating at Cucina after 8 with early dining. Both times there was an issue with waiting for a table but we will choose early seating on Celebration. 

Edited by AtSeaWithChris

8 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

We have been on Mardi Gras twice and have had early dining and YTD. Several times on YTD we had 70 minute waits for a table. That far exceeded our troubles eating at Cucina after 8 with early dining. Both times there was an issue with waiting for a table but we will choose early seating on Celebration. 

While on a B2B on the MG in February with 5000 people, we never had a long wait with the app, primarily because we eat between 530-600.  Try between 630-715 and you could have a long wait.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Fully understand what you're saying, but still can't understand why Carnival makes those with set time dining wait until 800 pm to be able to eat in either of those locations while those that chose anytime dining can eat there starting at 530.

As you note, the earliest dining times are the most popular. Traditional early seating usually fills up. Those people are guaranteed early fixed dining. If they wanted flexibility, they should have chosen ATD.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

As you note, the earliest dining times are the most popular. Traditional early seating usually fills up. Those people are guaranteed early fixed dining. If they wanted flexibility, they should have chosen ATD.

The earliest dining times are popular with families with young kids as well as a certain percentage of older diners.  Many cruisers want the popular 630-730 range, which falls in between the traditional early and late and this is why anytime has become so popular. 

Those who choose early fixed dining are denied the opportunity to eat early at Cucina or Chibang, unlike those who chose anytime.  Early fixed cruisers are forced to eat at Cucina or Chibang after 800, which results in them not eating there at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The earliest dining times are popular with families with young kids as well as a certain percentage of older diners.  Many cruisers want the popular 630-730 range, which falls in between the traditional early and late and this is why anytime has become so popular. 

Those who choose early fixed dining are denied the opportunity to eat early at Cucina or Chibang, unlike those who chose anytime.  Early fixed cruisers are forced to eat at Cucina or Chibang after 800, which results in them not eating there at all.

Early assigned dining cruisers are not forced to choose early dining. If they want choices they should chose an option that gives them choices. Easy peasy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Early assigned dining cruisers are not forced to choose early dining. If they want choices they should chose an option that gives them choices. Easy peasy.

But 95% of the cruisers are not on cruise critic and are not aware of the fact that if they choose early set dining they lose the opportunity to eat early at Cucina or Chibang on the Excel Class.  The policy should be crystal clear so those cruisers are not left in the dark so they can make an informed decision.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It’s a tough choice to make. I did YTD and several nights had 70 minute waits for a table. Hopefully now with adequate staffing the dining times will be a lot faster. We had 70 minute waits and service took over 2 hours. Had to leave before dessert to make the show that we advised them we wanted to attend as we sat down. 

16 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

It’s a tough choice to make. I did YTD and several nights had 70 minute waits for a table. Hopefully now with adequate staffing the dining times will be a lot faster. We had 70 minute waits and service took over 2 hours. Had to leave before dessert to make the show that we advised them we wanted to attend as we sat down. 

Then you would understand why someone with early dining should not be allowed to switch around. The seats they would have occupied at early dining now go unused and wasted, and they would make waits or reservations for other venues worse 

• Like 1