Ghosts on Royal Caribbean Ships?

12 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

The Queen Mary (now a hotel in Long Beach) wins the prize for being the ship with the most ghost sightings.  It was used during WW2 to transport soldiers and participated in the DDay invasion.  There is a famous door #13 in the engine room that crushed to death a worker.  His ghost supposedly appears regularly. 

I toured that ship and I would totally believe ghosts are sighted there.  The empty indoor pool gave me nightmares. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, soremekun said:

Semi related, it's so stupid there is no deck 13 on most cruise ships.

I Know  Radiance,Voyager and Quantum,Adventure  class ships  all have a deck 13.

Edited by Jasp 0401
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

All because on the morning of Friday, October 13, 1307, King Philip IV of France had scores of the Knights Templars arrested including the order’s Grand Master Jacques de Molay. Many were sent to the Tower of Chinon where they were brutally tortured until they confessed to false charges, which included heresy, homosexuality, financial corruption, devil-worshipping, fraud, spitting on the cross, and more.

There are several numbers in the Asian cultures that are considered unlucky.  I wonder what the cruise lines do in those markets?

I don’t know about cruise ships, but the Wynn in Las Vegas doesn’t have a 40-49th floor because 4 is an unlucky number for Chinese gamblers!

On 7/23/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jingerwoppy said:

Anyone ever hear any tales about someone running into a ghost on an RCI cruise ship?

I’m sure it happens. We don’t  hear about it often because, as they say on Disney, dead men tell no tales. 

10 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

my husband (formerly a non-believer until we lived together) is convinced I attract spirits.   

You aren’t the only one. Why just the other day I was minding my business when suddenly - gasp - a glass of gin was in my hand. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Perhaps cabin 9062 on Brilliance of the seas. You may recall that was the cabin of George Smith who met his untimely death on Brilliance in 2005. 

Perhaps the ghost is drinking Jager Meister. 

m

We were on the Brilliance in 2006 and this was our friends cabin. We did want to know if they heard or saw anything.