Price Adjustments still a thing?

As I look to book my next cruise, I’m confused by the Best Price Guarantee. 

In previous times, if I booked and noticed the price dropped, I just called and customer service adjusted the price. Is that not a thing anymore? After 48 hours, are you locked in now?

Edited by PGHProducer

6 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

In previous times, if I booked and noticed the price dropped, I just called and customer service adjusted the price. Is that not a thing anymore? After 48 hours, are you locked in now?

It is still a thing. Customer service has constantly been giving incorrect info. They keep citing whatever the covid-related deal was which has since expired.

My FIL re-priced a family cruise for next June twice about a month ago after I alerted him to price drops. His phone calls went as you described.

Edited by OCSC Mike

5 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

Up to final payment yes you can still get price drops.

The best price guarantee really only refers to bookings that are made after final payment

I noticed another price drop on a January cruise. It was originally a next cruise booking with the reduced deposit.  When I reached out to ta she said to get it I would have to increase our deposit.  Decided not to do it.  Had already gotten several price drops on this cruise so no real complaints but would have liked a few more dollars in my pocket.   Anyone else have this problem?

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I noticed another price drop on a January cruise. It was originally a next cruise booking with the reduced deposit.  When I reached out to ta she said to get it I would have to increase our deposit.  Decided not to do it.  Had already gotten several price drops on this cruise so no real complaints but would have liked a few more dollars in my pocket.   Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds to me like you booked a reduced price rate and want to match a rate that requires a full price deposit. If you change offers the terms change. You might have gotten some obc promotional and that might go away. I've had some before this that were wow sales with promotional obc I would have lost as it was part of the rate.

Just now, firefly333 said:

Sounds to me like you booked a reduced price rate and want to match a rate that requires a full price deposit. If you change offers the terms change. You might have gotten some obc promotional and that might go away. I've had some before this that were wow sales with promotional obc I would have lost as it was part of the rate.

Agree.  Not really complaining.  Current price is less than half of original price. Voyager 1/9/23. As I said not really complaining.  What you say makes sense and I do recall it happening before.  Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Never had to pay the increased deposit for a price drop on a Next cruise booking

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Never had to pay the increased deposit for a price drop on a Next cruise booking

That's what I thought but have seen where I could lose obc from another promotion.  Ta is a relative so hard to argue. And no can't change ta.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

That's what I thought but have seen where I could lose obc from another promotion.  Ta is a relative so hard to argue. And no can't change ta.

You would lose any OBC that was promotional with the original booking but you would keep your next cruise OBC

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You would lose any OBC that was promotional with the original booking but you would keep your next cruise OBC

Only obc were from next cruise.  To save $100 I would need to give them an additional deposit,  something I wasn't ready to do.  Had never had that before.  

38 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Only obc were from next cruise.  To save $100 I would need to give them an additional deposit,  something I wasn't ready to do.  Had never had that before.  

I have called and received price reductions many times.  We also book on the ship, but have never been asked to pay an additional deposit in order to get the reduction.  I have lost OBC, but I am fine with that if the cruise price is less. I have also experienced where they tell you you are going to lose the OBC, but we still end up getting it.

58 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Maybe your TA aka relative has their own rules? Relative or not I would have argued the point. You should have gotten the decrease in fare without an additional deposit.

• Like 1

Can confirm NO Price Adjustments after final payment.  Just called RCL after I notice my cruise went down in price, booked on RCL website and was told no adjustment after final payment.  I’m 67 days out.

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I also have never heard of that.