What 'new' movies are on MUTS/in-cabin on Enchanted?

Adventures ahead

I don't recall the month, but a while back, I recall a trip report and movies were listed by the member (or I saw in Patter) and, for me, all titles were old.  I just figured Princess wasn't spending money on newer releases.  That could be different by now.

As far back as April the newer selections were very limited and those were only shown on MUTS. They usually repeat them on the cabin TV the next day, but didn't on our cruise. 

Lots of old stuff that we had already seen so I was glad I brought lot of my own material to watch.

I did read something about the ships starting to use a newer system that give them the ability to download programs/movies directly. Maybe they've begun to use it by now, provided they want to spend the money for it?

We were on the Royal in May and there were quite a few from 2021 and early 2022. Some of the ones I remember are Belfast, A Journal for Jordan, The Father, West Side Story, Dune, House of Gucci,Cyrano, Eyes of Tammy Faye, Respect, and King Richard

Just now, Coolmama_1 said:

We were on the Royal in May and there were quite a few from 2021 and early 2022. Some of the ones I remember are Belfast, A Journal for Jordan, The Father, West Side Story, Dune, House of Gucci,Cyrano, Eyes of Tammy Faye, Respect, and King Richard

Thanks! In case they're available on our sailing, we'll avoid watching some of these between now and when we cruise.

We are on board enchanted right now and so far there is nothing really new being shown. Also in the past what ever film was bring shown on muts was only on the TV the following day. That seems to have changed as they are there from the start of the cruise. Today's were Luca this morning and west side story tonight. Yesterday I think it was Ford v ferrari. 

1 hour ago, minikiss said:

We are on board enchanted right now and so far there is nothing really new being shown. Also in the past what ever film was bring shown on muts was only on the TV the following day. That seems to have changed as they are there from the start of the cruise. Today's were Luca this morning and west side story tonight. Yesterday I think it was Ford v ferrari. 

Yuck and yuck. 

Disappointing at best. 

Anything good, bad, indifferent to report back about Enchanted? Are they serving Afternoon Tea in the MDR? Is the buffet self-service - can’t remember if it’s changed from the waitstaff serving? Hoping you’re having a great cruise.

3 hours ago, villauk said:

Anything good, bad, indifferent to report back about Enchanted? Are they serving Afternoon Tea in the MDR? Is the buffet self-service - can’t remember if it’s changed from the waitstaff serving? Hoping you’re having a great cruise.

I'm hoping to do   post of my observations when I get a chance. But to answer those questions. Yes the are doing afternoon tea.  Yes the buffet is back to self service, which we are finding a little un nerving. She's a beautiful ship and yes we are enjoying it so far. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping to do   post of my observations when I get a chance. But to answer those questions. Yes the are doing afternoon tea.  Yes the buffet is back to self service, which we are finding a little un nerving. She's a beautiful ship and yes we are enjoying it so far. 

Look forward to reading your observations in a future post. Thank you for answering my questions.

We're happy to hear about the self service buffet. Hope it stays that way. 😃

Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, MissP22 said:

We're happy to hear about the self service buffet. Hope it stays that way. 😃

Thanks.

Personally I would have preferred them to have continued with food being served to you by a server a little longer Now it's back to the old way you don't know who's touched the lid or tongs before you. I am carrying a small bottle of hand gel to give us a quick squirt before eating.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, minikiss said:

Personally I would have preferred them to have continued with food being served to you by a server a little longer Now it's back to the old way you don't know who's touched the lid or tongs before you. I am carrying a small bottle of hand gel to give us a quick squirt before eating.

I understand.

Except for breakfast, we always arrive at the buffet when they first open which eliminates a lot of that problem. 

It sound like the DR might be a better option for you.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:19 AM, MissP22 said:

As far back as April the newer selections were very limited and those were only shown on MUTS. They usually repeat them on the cabin TV the next day, but didn't on our cruise. 

Lots of old stuff that we had already seen so I was glad I brought lot of my own material to watch.

I did read something about the ships starting to use a newer system that give them the ability to download programs/movies directly. Maybe they've begun to use it by now, provided they want to spend the money for it?

Yes, you can download old Cheers episodes from their crappy last season, and Everybody Loves Raymond, which is all crap 

2 hours ago, Visaman666 said:

Yes, you can download old Cheers episodes from their crappy last season, and Everybody Loves Raymond, which is all crap 

By downloading I was referring to a new system that allows the cruise ships to download programs directly and not have to wait until they receive them by carrier when they return to the homeport.