Cruise With Confidence - FCC

sandybeaches44

I cancelled a cruise using Cruise with Confidence and received Future Cruise Credits.

I booked a new cruise and would like to have my FCC applied towards the new cruise prior to final payment.    I'm still waiting for Princess to transfer the FCC's to my new cruise after requesting them to. 

If you were in the same situation, how long did it take for your funds to be transferred?  Thanks.

Edited by sandybeaches44

If you call in via phone (*might* work via chat) and tell them about the pending FCC it's possible they might be able to make it happen.  You didn't really give much in the way of details as to when cancelled, when re-booked, etc.

• Like 2

We changed one cruise to another. Deposit had been paid with purchased gift credit. It was changed to pay the deposit on the second cruise instantly by our TA in conversation with Princess.  They considered it a change,not a cancellation which apparently made it easier. I have no idea if fcc and purchased cc are dealt with in 5he same way.   YMMV. 

• Like 1

We cancelled a cruise on June 30 and had the FCCs in our accounts on July 9.  Our TA worked with Princess to extend the courtesy hold on a replacement cruise for next year until the FCCs arrived and could be used for the deposit.

Edited to add: I just realized I didn't answer your actual question.  I wrote to our TA when I noticed the FCCs were there (no notification from Princess) and they were applied to the new cruise the same day.

Edited by smf81
  • Like 1

FWIW, I dealt with some FCC issues for quite a while.  Finally got a person who was knowledgeable.  She sent a question to whatever corporate area is responsible for FCCs.  After that, the credit showed up in my account within a day.  She also advised me if I had to call back, to call ~6:30 a.m. Pacific Time because that is when they open.  

I cancelled a cruise and told Princess that I wanted the FCC'S from the cancelled cruise applied to a different cruise. The FCC's showed up in my Princess personlizer (I think that evening) quickly. However it took several phone calls by my TA to get things straightened out and FCC'S applied to the other cruise. Time wise......6 days. 

Personally, I think many of the Princess agents are new with not much experience.......so they are not of much help with something a little bit complicated.

Just called Princess to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence policy.  I had a number of questions beyond that as well as Kids Sail Free, but we never got there, complete lack of confidence in random agent at a call centre.

My cruise is 34 days out and I wanted to cancel and receive amounts paid as a FCC.  The agent insisted I had to cancel only at 30 days and not before.  I asked if he had a supervisor, and he indicated that he would check.  He says I could cancel today, perhaps he learned something.

I

34 minutes ago, ken_ll said:

Just called Princess to cancel under the Cruise with Confidence policy.  I had a number of questions beyond that as well as Kids Sail Free, but we never got there, complete lack of confidence in random agent at a call centre.

My cruise is 34 days out and I wanted to cancel and receive amounts paid as a FCC.  The agent insisted I had to cancel only at 30 days and not before.  I asked if he had a supervisor, and he indicated that he would check.  He says I could cancel today, perhaps he learned something.

I

I sure hope so!  Wish they would extend that, at least till the end of the year. 🤔

On 7/25/2022 at 7:22 PM, sandybeaches44 said:

I cancelled a cruise using Cruise with Confidence and received Future Cruise Credits.

I booked a new cruise and would like to have my FCC applied towards the new cruise prior to final payment.    I'm still waiting for Princess to transfer the FCC's to my new cruise after requesting them to. 

If you were in the same situation, how long did it take for your funds to be transferred?  Thanks.

Happy to report that my FCC has been applied towards another booking.  It took 14 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1