Unvaccinated Exemption Process

dauberman

We're sailing on a short 4 day cruise to Mexico from Long Beach.  My mother in law is unvaccinated for religious reasons and I submitted an exemption request.

The cruise sails in 4 days and I have not received an email from Carnival saying she has received an exemption.

Upon calling, they did confirm that she received an exemption but could not send me an email confirming.

A few questions..

1) I received a general email saying that unvaccinated cruisers with exemptions will have to present their exemption approval letters at embarkation. Will this be a problem?

2) In addition to a covid test 48 hours in advance, I believe she has to take another test at the port.  Do I need to book an appointment for this? How?

Thank you

I’m curious too …. OP … what religious exemption?  In war times I believe there are religious exemptions.  

Wouldn’t it be better to just find a vacation that doesn’t require the guests to be vaccinated?   Why add the “What if I don’t get approved for exemption?” to your upcoming vacation.  At least that’s my thought. 

Just going by what I read here on CC it seems these exemptions are for children and such. 

Anyone reading this thread have 1st hand experience with getting a religious exemption?  1st hand. 🤷🏻‍♀️

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dauberman said:

We're sailing on a short 4 day cruise to Mexico from Long Beach.  My mother in law is unvaccinated for religious reasons and I submitted an exemption request.

The cruise sails in 4 days and I have not received an email from Carnival saying she has received an exemption.

Upon calling, they did confirm that she received an exemption but could not send me an email confirming.

A few questions..

1) I received a general email saying that unvaccinated cruisers with exemptions will have to present their exemption approval letters at embarkation. Will this be a problem?

2) In addition to a covid test 48 hours in advance, I believe she has to take another test at the port.  Do I need to book an appointment for this? How?

Thank you

I would recommend reading the Carnival website very carefully about vaccine exemptions and the required documentation and testing.

While your MIL using the loophole allowed for cruises from California ports, I would not assume that she has  an exemption without documentation in hand.

Edited by Homosassa
  • Like 1

The only ports that you can request a religious exemptions are in California. (Ironic)

All the other ports your only option is a "medical exemption "

And You no longer need any documentation or proof.

Further proof this whole process is a charade

Edited by ThaNectar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan_Strick said:

I'm curious of what religion it is too. Not trying to be a smarty but I like to learn about different religion/cultures. 

There is a prominent cult that is headquartered in California that has political clout.

The cult also owns a cruise ship, Freewinds.

It is interesting to be docked by this ship in this time of Covid controls.  Because no one on board is vaccinated against any disease, there are strict controls in place by local ports. We observed the ship docked in Aruba. 

The ship was in a fenced off portion of the pier with armed Aruban guards. No one was allowed off ship and deliveries were unloaded on the pier side, the local drivers and the truck would  leave, and then crew from the ship were allowed on the pier to bring the supplies on board under the watchful eyes of the armed guards.

Same ship was in Curacao with us the next day.  Same scenario, isolated in a fenced pier area with armed guards on the entrance. No one allowed off the ship.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Homosassa said:

There is a prominent cult that is headquartered in California that has political clout.

The cult also owns a cruise ship, Freewinds.

It is interesting to be docked by this ship in this time of Covid controls.  Because no one on board is vaccinated against any disease, there are strict controls in place by local ports. We observed the ship docked in Aruba. 

The ship was in a fenced off portion of the pier with armed Aruban guards. No one was allowed off ship and deliveries were unloaded on the pier side, the local drivers and the truck would  leave, and then crew from the ship were allowed on the pier to bring the supplies on board under the watchful eyes of the armed guards.

Same ship was in Curacao with us the next day.  Same scenario, isolated in a fenced pier area with armed guards on the entrance. No one allowed off the ship.

Ahhhhh yes. Wonder if tom Cruise was on board??

On 7/25/2022 at 7:48 PM, dauberman said:

A few questions..

Thank you

Its interesting that this was the OP's first post and they have never replied? Stir the pot much?

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 6:48 PM, dauberman said:

A few questions..

Thank you

We are sailing next month with exemptions. I would be nervous to sail without having the approved letter in hand. At least Carnival is saying she’s been approved, but still…

She will need a PCR test no more than 3 days before sailing. At embarkation, they will do an antigen test and charge $150. For cruises more than 4 days, they would test again on the last full day.