Is the Oceanview Café 24/7?

OttawaJohn

12 hours ago, Mark_T said:

That's our favorite place after a late return as well, love the lemon tarts.

I love Cafe al Baccio but the patisserie is really a hit and miss these days. Maybe (likely) it depends on the chef that's responsible for the bakery and patisserie department.

On my last Solstice sailing in May the stuff they had was absolutely disgusting, similar to what you find in the fridge of a Ralphs or Kroger: Lots of sugar, lots of stale cream, gross artificial flavors.

41 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

All DAY maybe but not all night. 😉

Mmm-kay. That's what I wrote. I was responding to this earlier statement: "We got back from an excursion at 3pm and without doing room service we only found burgers, hot dogs and fries."

Edited by hrhdhd

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 7:50 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I often forget it but is just the amount of snack to take the edge off.    If you need a sugar hit al Bacio also have some tasty deserts available all afternoon and evening.  My favorite are these little Lemon Tarts (about the size of quarter)

We kept an eye out but never saw the tarts at the Cafe.  Pretty limited and repeating it seemed.  The Peanut Butter Cookies though were tasty 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2022 at 1:09 PM, OttawaJohn said:

We kept an eye out but never saw the tarts at the Cafe.  Pretty limited and repeating it seemed.  The Peanut Butter Cookies though were tasty 🙂

Surprised to hear that which ship were you on.   I've never been on a cruise that they didn't have them in the afternoon at Al Bacio.    Once in awhile the also have  Chocolate (ok) and Honey (which to me were yuck.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Surprised to hear that which ship were you on.   I've never been on a cruise that they didn't have them in the afternoon at Al Bacio.    Once in awhile the also have  Chocolate (ok) and Honey (which to me were yuck.

On the Millie now they don't have PB cookies everyday, I'd guess 66% of the time.  Also at Al Bacio they have cinnamon rolls daily in the morning but I'd guess 20-30%% of the time in the OV.  My strategy has been to stop at Al Bacio first, often there's a long line in the morning although it does move quickly, order it to go and head to the OV.

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the Millie now they don't have PB cookies everyday, I'd guess 66% of the time.  Also at Al Bacio they have cinnamon rolls daily in the morning but I'd guess 20-30%% of the time in the OV.  My strategy has been to stop at Al Bacio first, often there's a long line in the morning although it does move quickly, order it to go and head to the OV.

Do they have the lemon tarts on Millennium currently?