Will Carnival Follow RCI and End Testing for Under 6 Days?

Lee Cruiser

Nope, and I don't care. It has no effect on my cruising experience at all. Yes, I do enjoy my Carnival cruises, as I have my HAL and Disney cruises. I'm amazed you allow stupid jokes to get to you like that.

By the way, I also don't care about Royals pricing methods either.

Edited by Pyrate13

12 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Clearly you think Royal does it better than both NCL and Carnival so why cruise them? Why bother defending a brand that is the butt of everyones joke and second place on rolling out policies? Again, you make no sense.

So let me get this straight, you will say this about Carnival, following in RCLs footsteps but that same logic and thinking does not apply to NCL?

Over the next 21 months we have 4 cruises booked on NCL, 4 cruises booked on Royal and 7 cruises booked on Carnival.  I've cruised on Carnival for over 35 years and they are the cruise line I have the most cruises with.  Every line has their positives and negatives even though there are posters on both the Carnival as well as the Royal boards that wear rose colored glasses and think their line of choice is perfect. I personally hate the dynamic pricing policy of Royal and it's the main reason why we don't cruise them more often.

It frustrates me that it took so many years for Carnival to come up with the Excel Class.  It's a game changer for them and we currently have 2 bookings on the Mardi Gras and 5 on the Celebration.  The Celebration will be the only ship we've sailed 5 times and the MG is right behind her with 4. 

Royal and NCL have come up with more innovative ideas over the years than my primary cruise line of choice, Carnival and that is what frustrates me.  Carnival usually lets their competitors try things out and if it works, then they will possibly add that feature.  The new policy is a prime example.  Royal came up with it and Carnival matched 24 hours later.  We won't have to get tested prior to our 5 day cruise on the Celebration in January, but if policies remain the same at that time for 7 day sailings on NCL, we'll have to do the on line option since we're on a S2S.

12 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

Nope, and I don't care. It has no effect on my cruising experience at all. Yes, I do enjoy my Carnival cruises, as I have my HAL and Disney cruises. I'm amazed you allow stupid jokes to get to you like that.

By the way, I also don't care about Royals pricing methods either.

If you don't cruise on Royal, then it's logical that you don't care about their dynamic pricing policy.  Just like I don't care that you pay a premium to cruise on Disney to take your grand kids, it's your money.  I will assume this is correct since it's rare to see someone cruise on both Disney and HAL since they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Wrong assumption never took my grandkids on Disney.

My point is, I don't care what other lines or boards are saying/doing and if Carnival is letting other lines try ideas, and possibly fail, that's a business decision that helps keep their costs down and they don't waste as much money. No harm in that. Why be so concerned? You don't mention how that hurts your cruise.

As for the jokes or comments on another board, it's like being on the playground and complaining 'mommy, they made fun of me.'

Ah well, it's your issue. I'm outta here on this one.

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Do you cruise on Royal at all?  Have you been subjected to Carnival jokes by comedians and even the cruise director on Royal?  Have you compared the consistently priced Cheers package versus the Dynamic Pricing of Royal?  Obviously not.  Enjoy your Carnival cruises.

I have done all those.  I also remember. royal champions.  I have been on Oasis and heard the comedian jokes.  It is all white noise.  Don’t care about any of it. Sailed multiple lines and prefer Carnival. That is just me.  Yomd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have done all those.  I also remember. royal champions.  I have been on Oasis and heard the comedian jokes.  It is all white noise.  Don’t care about any of it. Sailed multiple lines and prefer Carnival. That is just me.  Yomd

Comedians on Royal wouldn't last long if they bashed Royal. I remember the Royal Chimps.

• Like 1