Will Carnival Follow RCI and End Testing for Under 6 Days?

Lee Cruiser

6 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I think requiring everyone to be vaccinated and up to date with booster shots will hurt their business.  I am vaccinated but have no plans on getting a booster shot.  Based on the number of people just on this board that ask about the 2 day or 3 day testing period I think a lot are like me only vaccinated no booster.

My wife and I are two of those like you.

Edited by Lee Cruiser

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Could not have said it better myself.  Once again, Carnival is never an innovator unless you like self propelled sky bikes or a roller coaster.

Exactly.....let's wait and see what RCL goes, and then jump on board...sloppy.

4 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Innovator? W*T*F are you talking about? This is not some new tech or bullcrap biodegradable straw. These are policies that have to be carefully considered and worked through. It's not race.

One day after Royal comes out with their policy, Carnival comes out with the same exact policy.  That's duplication and following the coat tails of your main competition.  Carnival once again is a follower.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You simply choose to ignore Carnival's innovations whether the smoke free Paradise or the first mass market line to require masks and everything in between. 

Once again, if the smoke free ship was so innovative, there would be an entire fleet of smoke free ships.  Instead it was an ill timed mistake that was corrected after the bean counters figured out it wasn't making money.

53 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

One day after Royal comes out with their policy, Carnival comes out with the same exact policy.  That's duplication and following the coat tails of your main competition.  Carnival once again is a follower.

Sooooooooooo, by your logic, Royal is following on the coat tails of Virgin, Margaritaville and the multitude of lines in Europe who dropped their pre-cruise testing?? Your logic if failing you and it's kind of embarrassing for you.

(Oh, and NCL will be following on Carnivals and yada yada yada)

Edited by pc_load_letter
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, pc_load_letter said:

Sooooooooooo, by your logic, Royal is following on the coat tails of Virgin, Margaritaville and the multitude of lines in Europe who dropped their pre-cruise testing?? Your logic if failing you and it's kind of embarrassing for you.

(Oh, and NCL will be following on Carnivals and yada yada yada)

You're comparing an orange to an apple.  The policies of Margaritaville at Sea and their one ship, or Virgin and their two ships or Azamara and their four ships have nothing to do with Carnival or Royal and their fleet of 25 ships each.  As well as  nothing that happens  across the pond will influence what happens in the North American market.

It's fact that Royal came out with a policy and 24 hours later, Carnival matched it.  What NCL does it up to them but it doesn't change the fact that Carnival duplicated policy that Royal came up with first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

And why is that so important to you? Us cruisers are getting what we want. Who cares who does it first. Who's on first....remember that? :classic_laugh:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

And why is that so important to you? Us cruisers are getting what we want. Who cares who does it first. Who's on first....remember that? :classic_laugh:

Because I hate the fact that Carnival gets torn to shreds over on the Royal boards and Carnival is always the butt of the joke when you sail on Royal.  Once again, Royal made a move and it was duplicated 24 hours later by Carnival.

Just now, CruizinSusan70 said:

Because I hate the fact that Carnival gets torn to shreds over on the Royal boards and Carnival is always the butt of the joke when you sail on Royal.  Once again, Royal made a move and it was duplicated 24 hours later by Carnival.

So will you go the NCL boards and tear them to shreds when they come in last in the big game of dropping testing requirements?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

So will you go the NCL boards and tear them to shreds when they come in last in the big game of dropping testing requirements?

Over 50% of my cruises are on Carnival and once again they are second to Royal.  Don't know if you've ever been on the Royal boards, but to them Carnival is a joke, just like when the comedians and CD's on Royal also make fun of Carnival.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No, not at all.  Guess you didn't read my last post in the thread.  Go back one and educate yourself.  

It's not a matter of "educating" myself. The problem is trying to figure out your logic. Are you critical of Carnival or defending them?

It's not a matter of "educating" myself. The problem is trying to figure out your logic. Are you critical of Carnival or defending them?

Both, I defend Carnival all of the time, but am critical of them when they are not innovative.

And why do you care if Carnival is "torn to shreds" on other boards?

Because I am on those boards before I cruise on that particular line, whether it's Carnival, Royal, Celebrity, NCL, Princess or even MSC.  I don't keep all of my eggs in one basket, but I have cruised on Carnival over 50% of the time.

1 minute ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Both, I defend Carnival all of the time, but am critical of them when they are not innovative.

Clearly you think Royal does it better than both NCL and Carnival so why cruise them? Why bother defending a brand that is the butt of everyones joke and second place on rolling out policies? Again, you make no sense.

So let me get this straight, you will say this about Carnival, following in RCLs footsteps but that same logic and thinking does not apply to NCL?

32 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yes they did, kudos to them, more coming

Exactly. Really don’t care who was first. I’m just glad it’s happening. I really don’t care what the other boards are saying. I don’t read them and my cruise experience is not affected by them. I’m looking forward to more announcements soon. I may be wrong, but I’m thinking more will be announced by mid August.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Over 50% of my cruises are on Carnival and once again they are second to Royal.  Don't know if you've ever been on the Royal boards, but to them Carnival is a joke, just like when the comedians and CD's on Royal also make fun of Carnival.

Why do you care so much about a message board with anonymous individuals posting messages that have a different opinion than you?

Since Carnival played the "wait and see" game I am hoping that they take the leadership position and grant the exemption for 6 days or longer cruises. 

We all still can't rejoice prematurely as we are still battling the spread of the Pandemic. I am wearing my mask wherever and whenever appropriate. Please follow my lead to help protect against another two year hiatus from our favorite pastime (Carnival Cruising).   

Who cares (well, one poster} which line was first by a day, and what difference does it make how the RCL boards discuss Carnival? Personally, I could not give a c..p what they say over there, it doesn't affect my cruises at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bamaone said:

Why do you care so much about a message board with anonymous individuals posting messages that have a different opinion than you?

Because my cruises are on various lines and I am always on the board of whichever cruise is next up for us.  Carnival gets bashed all of the time on the Royal boards and they also get bashed when you sail on Royal via the comedians as well as even the cruise director.  Witnessed this firsthand in June on the Oasis OTS. 

Besides the Loyal Royals that bash Carnival all of the time over on their board, there are a few posters on the Carnival board that wear rose colored glasses and think that Carnival does nothing wrong.  Both of these types of posters have a black and white mentality when in fact reality is gray and every cruise line has their positives and negatives.  When some posters can't accept this reality and think their cruise line of choice does no wrong, that is what irritates me.  It's a fine line at times when you're in a disagreement with someone on the other side of the issue you're debating so you need to walk on eggshells or you'll end up in the penalty box.

1 hour ago, Pyrate13 said:

Personally, I could not give a c..p what they say over there, it doesn't affect my cruises at all.

Do you cruise on Royal at all?  Have you been subjected to Carnival jokes by comedians and even the cruise director on Royal?  Have you compared the consistently priced Cheers package versus the Dynamic Pricing of Royal?  Obviously not.  Enjoy your Carnival cruises.